Who is the raiders projected starting RB right now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the raiders projected starting RB right now?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the raiders projected starting RB right now?

Postby waltb87 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:13 pm

rhodes is a druggie, jordan has got a sore back, michael bush had surgery( am i right), who looks like there starter right now?
waltb87
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who is the raiders projected starting RB right now?

Postby Atog » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:17 pm

waltb87 wrote:rhodes is a druggie, jordan has got a sore back, michael bush had surgery( am i right), who looks like there starter right now?

Josh McCown. Remember, he played some WR in Detroit.

For reals, probably Jordan. ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:02 pm

With Rhodes' suspension Jordan will be most likely be every opportunity to show he's more 2005 LaMont and less 2006 LaMont. This year may be Jordan's, but I think he'll be a salary cap casualty after '07, at which time it'll be the Michael Bush show.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:42 pm

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:43 am

dont forget about Fargas
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Supernick » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:42 pm

its gonna be jordan unless fargas has a really good training camp then bush will take over the job.
Supernick
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:22 pm

Jordon, he was the featured back last year, and with Rhodes down 1/4th of the season (more importantly for getting the tone for their season set, the first 1/4th)

Fargas is not a threat...they drafted Bush for a reason, and although he isn't currently in camp, he will be ready to be a serviceable back-up by the time the season opens (because he won't be 100% I anticipate). And he is a much better option than Fargas, so no doubt he should be 3rd on the depth chart this coming season and climbing, Fargas may be cut if Bush is healthy enough. But thats just speculation.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Kilroy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:47 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Jordon, he was the featured back last year, and with Rhodes down 1/4th of the season (more importantly for getting the tone for their season set, the first 1/4th)

Fargas is not a threat...they drafted Bush for a reason, and although he isn't currently in camp, he will be ready to be a serviceable back-up by the time the season opens (because he won't be 100% I anticipate). And he is a much better option than Fargas, so no doubt he should be 3rd on the depth chart this coming season and climbing, Fargas may be cut if Bush is healthy enough. But thats just speculation.

If the Raiders have any sense they won't be in a hurry to get Bush into the mix. If they do things right (for once) and give him plenty of time for that leg to heal (even to the point of being overly cautious) then they may well find themselves with the steal of the 2007 draft, even if they don't reap the rewards until 2008.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby a4ce » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:55 pm

I hope they let Bush heal fully. In the ZBS, I think Fargas and Jordan can excel. I hope Fargas has a breakout season.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:20 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:Jordon, he was the featured back last year, and with Rhodes down 1/4th of the season (more importantly for getting the tone for their season set, the first 1/4th)

If the Raiders have any sense they won't be in a hurry to get Bush into the mix. If they do things right (for once) and give him plenty of time for that leg to heal (even to the point of being overly cautious) then they may well find themselves with the steal of the 2007 draft, even if they don't reap the rewards until 2008.

Totally agree, and they should be in absolutely no rush to get him on the field, I would go as far as saying they should treat him like a lot of teams are treating rookie QBs these days (ala Palmer, Rivers, ect) and have him sit a year, for mostly a learning year, and not force him into the game when hes just not needed. This would help keep millage off his legs which would benefit them down the line when they need to use him.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Return to Football Talk