Bye Weeks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bye Weeks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bye Weeks

Postby umma10 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:44 am

Do you draft the best player avaliable or do you consider their bye weeks? I'm thinking this year I am just going to draft the best possible player and hope that all my top players have different bye weeks?
umma10
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 44)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bye Weeks

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:57 am

Nah I never really worry about byes, maybe a bit more in the later rounds when I'm picking up scrubs anyway but not really. I keep track but I always just take the best player on the board.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:57 am

The rule usually is draft the best player available, I tend to follow that even though I might have 2 or more on the same bye week.

Also the way I see it is, your roster changes so much from draft day to the playoffs......and ww picks are crucial...even if you choose 4 players 2-3 which are starters on the same bye week....your be able to figure it out...especially if you trade a bit. I wouldn't be worried.
Last edited by mystykoekaki on Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:15 pm

Whats funny is after I read and posted in here I went to check and see what byes my players have in a couple drafts I currently have going. In one league it actually turned out pretty good and we're already into the 10th round but in the other I'm only 3 picks in and they all have the same bye. Gore, Lynch, Harrison all in week 6. %-6

:-b
Metroid

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:24 pm

Metroid wrote:Whats funny is after I read and posted in here I went to check and see what byes my players have in a couple drafts I currently have going. In one league it actually turned out pretty good and we're already into the 10th round but in the other I'm only 3 picks in and they all have the same bye. Gore, Lynch, Harrison all in week 6. %-6

I know, I did a mock draft the other day and just about half my draft picks were on bye week 6.....I didn't notice it until I got to the 12th round and I was like....eeepp... :-P
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:37 pm

i pay some attention to it, if i have a few guys about equal and one has the same bye as another stater on my team i'll take the other, but i wont pass on a guy who's head and shoulders above the remaining guys because of it

it is kind of important for drafting a backup QB though ;-)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:38 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:
Metroid wrote:Whats funny is after I read and posted in here I went to check and see what byes my players have in a couple drafts I currently have going. In one league it actually turned out pretty good and we're already into the 10th round but in the other I'm only 3 picks in and they all have the same bye. Gore, Lynch, Harrison all in week 6. %-6

I know, I did a mock draft the other day and just about half my draft picks were on bye week 6.....I didn't notice it until I got to the 12th round and I was like....eeepp... :-P

But really what are you gonna do? Pass on guys because of bye conflicts? I'll make some moves later or just chalk week 6 up as a loss. :-?
Metroid

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:47 pm

Metroid wrote:
mystykoekaki wrote:

But really what are you gonna do? Pass on guys because of bye conflicts? I'll make some moves later or just chalk week 6 up as a loss. :-?

Yeap...loose one week and rock n roll all other weeks to the playoffs! ;-D
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:33 pm

The only position I consider it slightly important is backup QB or TE. One of the only reasons you're drafting those guys is to play when your top QB or TE is on a bye. Only if you're doing QBBC does bye week for a backup QB not matter.

Other than that: the weaker you are that one week, you're that much stronger all others. ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Supernick » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:33 pm

i check it only for backup QB, TE and D. one year i had my two top WRs and my 4th or 5th WR who had the same bye week but normally i'm pretty lucky and they don't all have the same bye week.
Supernick
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Hockey

Next

Return to Football Talk