kick returners who play offense or defense? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

kick returners who play offense or defense?

Moderator: Football Moderators

kick returners who play offense or defense?

Postby kage812004 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:24 pm

i have a draft the end of the month that starts individual defensive players and counts kick and punt returns. so basically a full time kick returner who plays defense or offense as well is HUGE in this league(example, Wes Welker was huge in this league last year)

im looking for a few names to look for and or maybe some links that would help me with kick returners? im thinking Devin Hester might be solid this year since he is playing some wr this year and i believe he is still there full time returner as well. im looking for guys like that, thanks for any help.

i dont usually do leagues like this but its with friends so its fun and i did end up winning it last year somehow and got a trophy, lol.
GOPATS!! 3 out of 4!!!!
kage812004
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: kick returners who play offense or defense?

Postby bnjamin10 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:12 am

bump

terrance mcgee Justin Miller and Pac Man jones were the guys that tore it up in my league with a similar format last year because they return kicks. i cannot find any depth charts that have KRs or list the linebackers as MLB SLB and WLB which is what im looking forward.
bnjamin10
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Atog » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:24 am

Steve Smith, Reggie Bush, Terrence McGee, and Devin Hester come to mind.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:36 am

Chris Henry on Tennessee maybe?
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:07 am

consider Maroney, although I doubt he will get near the amount of attempts he had last year at returns.

Maurice Jones-Drew, he should continue to field kicks right?

Nate Burleson? Should be a #3/4 in Seattle, could be worthy a late rounder

Santonio Holmes is in the same boat as Maroney, but he should be bumped up in your rankings slightly because he might be given a few chances to return it.

Eric Parker- should be the #2 receiver possibly #3 in San Diego and should be getting most of the punt returns...and San Diego has a pretty stout Defense.

-They had the most sacks last year
-Were middle of the field last year in turnovers (16th)
-10th in first downs allowed

All of that means lots of punts to return ;-D

Dre Bly- not sure if he will do many returns, but the chance of him doing some (did a few last year in Detroit) but with Champ Baily on the other side of the field he will have tons of chances to make plays this year in Denver. So you should bump him up a little more because of the chance he could do some returns.

Charles Woodson of Green Bay?

Leon Washington of New York Jets did a few returns last year

DeAngelo Williams did a fair amount of punt return duty in Carolina last year, although with the addition of Ryan Robinson, the 4th round pick, who is the sensation out of Miami of Ohio (2nd in NCAA history all time for Punt return yards and touchdowns, would of been #1 if teams didn't stop kicking it to him) don't expect Williams to get many punt returns, unlike last year. I'm just noting him in here so you don't consider Williams a little more because of his return work last year.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby twojarslave » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:43 am

Hester will most likely be a good pick but I wouldn't be expecting too much on the offensive side of the ball. If they can find ways to get him the ball in the open field, and he catches it, there's no stopping him. Hester has never really been good at catching. He even muffed a few punts about midseason last year. Being a bears fan and watching him all of last year, he bobbled the ball more than you would like. It made me nervous sometimes to see him field the ball. I heard he was clicking with the offense during mini camp but there's no pads involved there. I think he is going to be used as a decoy more than anything. I could see him being a big threat in 3rd down situations. Of course he is a blazer and will probably score more tds than any returner...most likely not as much as 6, that was just insane. I hope he scores 20 tds this year and the bears win it all.
twojarslave
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:30 am

twojarslave wrote:Hester will most likely be a good pick but I wouldn't be expecting too much on the offensive side of the ball. If they can find ways to get him the ball in the open field, and he catches it, there's no stopping him. Hester has never really been good at catching. He even muffed a few punts about midseason last year. Being a bears fan and watching him all of last year, he bobbled the ball more than you would like. It made me nervous sometimes to see him field the ball. I heard he was clicking with the offense during mini camp but there's no pads involved there. I think he is going to be used as a decoy more than anything. I could see him being a big threat in 3rd down situations. Of course he is a blazer and will probably score more tds than any returner...most likely not as much as 6, that was just insane. I hope he scores 20 tds this year and the bears win it all.

A lot of the reports coming out of training camp so far down in Bourbonais say that Hester's hands have been amazing since he started catching passes. They just say that his route running needs some work. In any case, I don't see Hester catching a lot of passes this year.

There's also Ted Ginn Jr. to think of, if this is a keeper league. Seemed like his being drafted by Miami was a direct result of the Hester effect in Chicago, but I've no idea if he'll get much playing time at receiver this year, so he may not be a good pickup if this is a redraft league.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:08 pm

I think ted ginn has more fantasy value if they would just switch him to DB right away.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Capstone » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:27 pm

IDP's that returned kicks last year and also saw time on defense:
Justin Miller
Terrence McGee
PacMan
Hester
Charles. Woodson

I am sure I am leaving someone out but these come to mind on D.

Offensive players:
Dante Hall
Wes Welker
Eddie Drummond
JJ Arrington
Michael Turner
Deangelo Williams

There is some sleeper for Cincy that someone was touting for the KR job.
Capstone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:00 pm

Antonio Chatman will be doing the return duties (PR and KR) for Cincy most likely...he is the #4 WR for the team for the first 8 games...so he may be worth a slot
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Next

Return to Football Talk