IDP Sleepers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

IDP Sleepers

Moderator: Football Moderators

IDP Sleepers

Postby sliders51 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:09 pm

Does anyone know any good sites that have good IDP sleepers? Or can you guys list some guys so I can start researching them. I inherited a team that is lacking IDP players and it probably didnt help that I traded Briggs and Addai for Steven Jackson. Any help is much appreciated.
sliders51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: IDP Sleepers

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:53 pm

Click on the "Rankings" on the left hand margin here and you'll see some IDP rankings complete with some sleepers. One sleeper I like is LB Karlos Dansby in Ari who is moving to the inside in their 3-4 scheme this year.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:53 pm

stomperrob wrote:Click on the "Rankings" on the left hand margin here and you'll see some IDP rankings complete with some sleepers. One sleeper I like is LB Karlos Dansby in Ari who is moving to the inside in their 3-4 scheme this year.

At the same time though, 3-4 ILBs are rarely as productive as 4-3 MLBs and even sometimes 4-3 WLBs so it could very well have a negative impact on his fantasy production as well.

It really depends on how much guys in your league keep up with fantasy IDPs and also how deep your rosters are in what "sleepers" will be out there. Keep your eye on Barrett Ruud, if you have some knowledgeable people in your league i would be surprised if he was available but he was the backup MLB last year for TB and will be taking over this year as the starter with Quarles being released. He could have a monster season. Another guy at LB to watch for is Freddie Keiaho who is taking over Cato June's spot at WLB in the Colts defense this year and that position especially under Tony Dungy is nearly always a very productive fantasy spot.

I'd also keep your eye out for guys like Chad Greenway who is coming back from injury this year, Matt Wilhelm and Stephen Cooper are the two LBs taking over the ILB positions for SD this year and are surely worth a look, Michael Okwo (rookie) could step in at OLB in Chicago if Briggs continues to hold out, Mathias Kiwanuka is moving to OLB this year for the Giants and could make an impact there, and Stephen Tulloch is taking over as the starter at MLB in Tennessee this year. Those are just some of the LB guys I would be keeping an eye out for.

At DB I would be looking through and seeing if any of the guys that play safety for their teams are available as those are normally the higher scoring DBs and the more consistent guys. Someone that might be worth keeping an eye on is Adam Archuleta who is at Chicago and playing under the only coach that he ever had relevant fantasy value under in Lovie Smith. Lovie knows how to use him and he could be a productive DB yet again. Also, look out for some of the rookie safeties like Laron Landry (WAS) and Reggie Nelson (JAC) Also keep your eye on Antoine Bethea who is taking over at SS for the Colts and Anthony Smith who is likely going to be starting for the Steelers at FS.

Most of the time after the well known DLs it's kind of a crap shoot so just pay attention early in the season to see who is producing well (especially with the rookies) and make changes accordingly.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:32 am

mattb47 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Click on the "Rankings" on the left hand margin here and you'll see some IDP rankings complete with some sleepers. One sleeper I like is LB Karlos Dansby in Ari who is moving to the inside in their 3-4 scheme this year.

At the same time though, 3-4 ILBs are rarely as productive as 4-3 MLBs and even sometimes 4-3 WLBs so it could very well have a negative impact on his fantasy production as well.

It really depends on how much guys in your league keep up with fantasy IDPs and also how deep your rosters are in what "sleepers" will be out there. Keep your eye on Barrett Ruud, if you have some knowledgeable people in your league i would be surprised if he was available but he was the backup MLB last year for TB and will be taking over this year as the starter with Quarles being released. He could have a monster season. Another guy at LB to watch for is Freddie Keiaho who is taking over Cato June's spot at WLB in the Colts defense this year and that position especially under Tony Dungy is nearly always a very productive fantasy spot.

I'd also keep your eye out for guys like Chad Greenway who is coming back from injury this year, Matt Wilhelm and Stephen Cooper are the two LBs taking over the ILB positions for SD this year and are surely worth a look, Michael Okwo (rookie) could step in at OLB in Chicago if Briggs continues to hold out, Mathias Kiwanuka is moving to OLB this year for the Giants and could make an impact there, and Stephen Tulloch is taking over as the starter at MLB in Tennessee this year. Those are just some of the LB guys I would be keeping an eye out for.

At DB I would be looking through and seeing if any of the guys that play safety for their teams are available as those are normally the higher scoring DBs and the more consistent guys. Someone that might be worth keeping an eye on is Adam Archuleta who is at Chicago and playing under the only coach that he ever had relevant fantasy value under in Lovie Smith. Lovie knows how to use him and he could be a productive DB yet again. Also, look out for some of the rookie safeties like Laron Landry (WAS) and Reggie Nelson (JAC) Also keep your eye on Antoine Bethea who is taking over at SS for the Colts and Anthony Smith who is likely going to be starting for the Steelers at FS.

Most of the time after the well known DLs it's kind of a crap shoot so just pay attention early in the season to see who is producing well (especially with the rookies) and make changes accordingly.

Yeh, I just think Dansby has the potential to really succeed there if he can stay healthy for a whole season, solid player, hard worker. And btw - Briggs signed last Thurs!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby sliders51 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:43 am

Yea I know Briggs signed....but I love Jackson so I couldn't pass that up.
sliders51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kilroy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:18 am

sliders51 wrote:Does anyone know any good sites that have good IDP sleepers? Or can you guys list some guys so I can start researching them. I inherited a team that is lacking IDP players and it probably didnt help that I traded Briggs and Addai for Steven Jackson. Any help is much appreciated.

Without knowing the scoring system for your IDPs it's hard (for me) to say. I'm an IDP first-timer this year, but the three leagues are so different scoring-wise that the players I've targeted (or are targeting) vary from league to league.

So far as outta my a** homer picks go though Kamerion Wimbley is a guy you can likely get in the 7th round or so of an IDP-only draft that could outperform his ADP. He may not get 11 sacks again, but I think a year's experience will benefit his tackle total.

Also, if anything I've read outta Indy is any indication Matt's dead-on about Keiaho (the sleepers and busts in the IDP article here are his work, and excellent work it is). Part of it may be coachspeak, but the Colts (and the beat writers that cover them) don't seem upset at all about June leaving.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby sliders51 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:04 am

Any other sleepers or comeback candidates?
sliders51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby skapur20 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:26 am

How do you feel about the guy already playing there on the inside, Gerald Hayes?

Dansby or Hayes?
skapur20
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby skapur20 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:30 am

sorry didnt mean to post that without throwing in some of my own sleepers.

Thomas Howard linebacker on the Raiders, like Kiwanuka alot as well

reason i ask about Dansby is i just traded for Hayes when i had a chance to land Dansby. I took Hayes instead
skapur20
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kilroy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:35 am

skapur20 wrote:

How do you feel about the guy already playing there on the inside, Gerald Hayes?

Dansby or Hayes?

The switch to the 3-4 (actually they plan to play a "hybrid" defense where they line up in both formations ala the Ravens) might cause a small dip in Hayes' numbers, but I think his IDP value will be pretty similar to what it was in 2006...80 something tackles (70 or so solo), a sack or two, a pick or two.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk