New League Proposal-Fill Roster First! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

New League Proposal-Fill Roster First!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: New League Proposal-Fill Roster First!

Postby Decleater » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:13 pm

Well, I just got wind that the guy with the 2nd pick wants to take LJ. Then at 2-19 and 3-22 he wants to go back to back QB, since we can actually start 2 QB with the flex spot. DUMB, I know! Wasn't there at the draft last season to voice my opinion and it obviously passed. So, this guy picking at #2 doesn't wanna do it, since his strategy is to have a top RB, and 2 top 5 QBs. Gonna suck, cause he's probably gonna be sittin with 2 out of Palmer, Bulger, Brees, Brady. But, the rest of his RB and WR field will be terrible. His strategy, not mine. I hope he does it actually.
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby onnestabe » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:45 am

Decleater wrote:Well, I just got wind that the guy with the 2nd pick wants to take LJ. Then at 2-19 and 3-22 he wants to go back to back QB, since we can actually start 2 QB with the flex spot. DUMB, I know! Wasn't there at the draft last season to voice my opinion and it obviously passed. So, this guy picking at #2 doesn't wanna do it, since his strategy is to have a top RB, and 2 top 5 QBs. Gonna suck, cause he's probably gonna be sittin with 2 out of Palmer, Bulger, Brees, Brady. But, the rest of his RB and WR field will be terrible. His strategy, not mine. I hope he does it actually.

I'm not sure that strategy is all that dumb. I would want to start 2 QBs in that lineup, as well, and him taking two QBs so early will probably start a position run on QBs, so the quality of RB he would be getting after his QBs probably wouldn't be all that bad. I think there's a lot of uncertainty in this year's group of WRs, and I have been waiting on them in most of my drafts.

What is your scoring system? If you get 6 pts per passing TD, you should probably be trying to grab two QBs pretty early as well.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Decleater » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:16 pm

No, in this league the QB's get 4 pts per TD pass. 6 pts. for rushing and receiving TD's. 1 pt. per 50 yards pass and 1 pt. per 25 yards rush/receive. It's my other big money league that awards the 6 for all TD's including passing. I've talked to a few guys in the league I'm talking about here and the ones I talked to are in favor of negating the QB as a flex guy. I've never seen a two QB formation. LOL!
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Beginner's Forum