Anyone have any AUTO-DRAFT tips or strategy to share? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Anyone have any AUTO-DRAFT tips or strategy to share?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone have any AUTO-DRAFT tips or strategy to share?

Postby TheGhost » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:55 pm

So one of the leauges that I play in does an auto-draft on yahoo. Even though I prefer a live draft, this league is established and I enjoy it just the same. Because I don't have any experience with this type of draft, I was wondering if anyone had tips in terms of how to pre-rank my players. Draft position is determined randomly 30 minutes before the draft.

This league has a unique scoring system because receptions are awarded a point (PPR) and QB's get 6 points for TD's. We also use individual defensive players (IDP).

My main question is how can I pre-rank my players that will insure me a great QB, without getting multiple QB's in the first couple of rounds? Because QB's get six points per TD, I have Peyton Manning ranked 3rd or 4th in my rankings. I also have Carson Palmer and Drew Brees in the top 20 in case I miss out on Manning. Does anyone have a system that they use when auto-drafting? Any tips on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
TheGhost
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anyone have any AUTO-DRAFT tips or strategy to share?

Postby FantasyMan13 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:37 pm

Rank Manning 1st and you're almost guaranteed to get him. Put Palmer and Brees in the top 20 in case you don't, though. It shouldn't take more than one in the first 5 rounds for you if you do that.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:43 pm

This pretty much got answered in the Leftovers forum. One other suggestion I would make is that if you don't mind having another team, draft an autopick team in a Yahoo public league before ya have to do your draft just to see how it turns out - just don't abandon that team as that screws it up for the other owners, play it out for the season.

This post also had a couple things in it: viewtopic.php?t=330110
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby webdawg51 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:35 pm

Hopefully an auto pick league is your secondary or 6th league, nothing compares to live draft, my preference is in person, but you can still have a good draft online and live
I dream of the day I can add some Browns to my roster!!!!!!!!
webdawg51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Marlo Stanfield » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:15 pm

webdawg51 wrote:Hopefully an auto pick league is your secondary or 6th league, nothing compares to live draft, my preference is in person, but you can still have a good draft online and live

I perfer live online drafts. It takes to long when you get 12 beer drinking guys in one room, egos get involved, sh!t gets talked.
Marlo Stanfield
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Beginner's Forum