question about QB points per completion league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

question about QB points per completion league

Moderator: Football Moderators

question about QB points per completion league

Postby jbrumley21 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:34 pm

The league I am in does a .5 point per completion, 1 pt at 25 yards, 6 pt a TD pass and a bonus of 3 points at 300 yrds passing. This is the second year in this league. last year I waited to draft a QB and I think it hurt me pretty bad. There was a game or two where Brees had close to 50 pts himself.

So my question is does a format like this increase the value of a QB enough to take one early (top 2 rounds?)

All other positions a pretty standard scoring td 6 pts, 20yrds 1 pt, 4pt bonus at 100 yards rushing. 3 pt bonus 100 yards rec.
jbrumley21
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: question about QB points per completion league

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:10 am

i was in a league similar to that one last year....but w no PPcompletion. it had 6pts passing TD, PPR, and 20 yds/pt rush rec. and yes, having good QBs was a must. it actually devalued all RBs who didnt catch a lot of balls. Tiki was in FA there for a while, and so were a lot of other starting RBs, which was very weird.

i wouldnt disregard RBs early, but i would suggest only getting those that catch a lot of passes, and completely forget about those that dont but rush for a lot. and i would definately grab a stud QB early
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: question about QB points per completion league

Postby northcuttfan » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:32 pm

im in a league for QB's its 1 point per completion and 1 point per 10 passing yards with the regualr td=6... so pretty much all qb's do rather well..and i got bulger in the 6th round and did me miracles
northcuttfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk