Tucker + Roids = Suspended 4 games - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cleveland Browns

Tucker + Roids = Suspended 4 games

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tucker + Roids = Suspended 4 games

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:31 pm

Browns right tackle Ryan Tucker will be suspended for the first four games of the regular season for a violation of the NFL steroid policy
Tucker will continue to practice with the team and will participate in preseason games, playing on the second and third units, according to head coach Romeo Crennel.

The immediate plan is for Kevin Schaffer to move from left tackle to right tackle to replace Tucker and for top draft pick Joe Thomas to move into the starting job at left tackle. Crennel pointed out that if Kelly Butler proves to be a better right tackle, Schaffer could move back to the left side and continue to compete with Thomas.

Crennel said that Tucker's status with the team would be re-evaluated after his suspension.

Tucker left the team on two occasions last year for an undisclosed mental illness

Tucker said he did not appeal the suspension. "I didn't intend to compromise the integrity of the NFL, and my team," he said. "I want to apologize to the fans, my family. It's been a long road. I was pretty down and out last year. In my attempt to come back, I took a banned substance. Therefore I am going to be suspended for four games. I am going to fulfill this punishment and get it behind me."

J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Cleveland Browns