Favorite Sleepers 2007 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Favorite Sleepers 2007

Moderator: Football Moderators

Favorite Sleepers 2007

Postby sixer03fan » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:44 am

Yo guys, I have an early draft this year (tomorrow night) and would just like to get some insight on who your favorite sleepers are for this year, because some positions seem a little shallow when it comes down to drafting a bench this year. Just list your favorite sleepers and why, and everyone will get some help from this thread. Thanks.
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 423
(Past Year: 29)
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Favorite Sleepers 2007

Postby moonhead » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:25 am

pennington
eli

julius jones
deshaun foster

mark clayton
vincent jackson

eric johnson

the new york giants franchise

:-D
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Re: Favorite Sleepers 2007

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:31 am

Couple I have being a value pick at where they are going in the draft.


RB's
Edge is going in late Rd 2 or early Rd 3. I think he has a lot of value there with the coaching change and how it will effect his numbers.

MJD showed last year what he can do. I see his carries going up and in the late 2nd round he is a steal. Imagine having LT or SJax paired with MJD as your backs then getting a Marvin, CJ, Holt, Owens, Smith as your WR.

Ahman Green should do well in Houston. Its his old coach and essentually the same scheme that made him successful. He is going between the 4th-7th rounds. Very unpredictable where he goes this year.

Brandon Jacobs will be good value where he will be available.

Lamont Jordon sucked last year and there is no guarantee he will be better. However he will be available in the mid to late rounds and is worth a flyer.

Brandon Jackson is my late Rd RB sleeper. I think he is in a great position to be the starter with only MORONcy in his way.

WR's

Housh, everybody knows of him, his numbers were awesome last year, but he is going in the 4th or 5th round.

Driver flies under the radar every year but puts up the numbers. I like him in the 5th or 6th round.

Chambers is a top WR that had a horrible 2006. This year I' see him putting up much better numbers and he can be had in the 6th Rd.

I like Berrian, Hackett, Santonio Holmes, and Devery in the 10th or so RD.

Kevin Curtis in the 11th is a steal. He will be Mcnads #1 target this year in my opinion. Break away speed.

Brandon Marshall and Curry are great late rd flyers.

QB's

Top 5 guys will be gone by the 5th rd. I will make sure I have one of them because the drop off to the 2nd and 3rd tier is big.

Mcnabb will have a lot of value where he is drafted. But obviously he is an injury risk. Every year he is one of the unexpected leaders in fantasy points then gets hurt. If he stays healthy he can be solid even with lesser targets.

Romo and Rivers will be available in the 8th or so. That is good value.

Young will get a lot of rushing yds but has noone to throw to. A little risky but who knows. 9th-10th rd.

Roth in the 12th is a very good value. He would probably be my sleeper because of the coaching changes that should favor the pasing game. Ints are a worry.

TE

Cooley is a major part of Wash Offense. I love him in the 8th. Gates 71/924/9tds Cooley 57/734/6td's. For 14 less receptions, 200 less yds, and 3 less td's you can wait 4 more rounds. That is 52 less fantasy points in a PPR.

Winslow in the 8th is nice. When compared to Gates: Same receptions, same yards, 6 less TD's. 36 less fantasy points for a 4 round difference.

Mcmichael in the 11th is great value. Especially since he is now on the Rams with Linehan who made him a star in Miami and knows how to use him.

K

Don't grab a kicker until the last round. There are 12-14 solid ones. The guy you get will be fine.
Image
Image
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Favorite Sleepers 2007

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:22 am

QB - Pennington, Rivers
RB - Edge, Caddy, LaMont (Got him in the 10th or 11th)
WR - Jennings (GB), Cotchery, Jackson (SD)
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6206
(Past Year: 70)
Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Jersey

Re: Favorite Sleepers 2007

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:50 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Couple I have being a value pick at where they are going in the draft.


RB's
Edge is going in late Rd 2 or early Rd 3. I think he has a lot of value there with the coaching change and how it will effect his numbers.

MJD showed last year what he can do. I see his carries going up and in the late 2nd round he is a steal. Imagine having LT or SJax paired with MJD as your backs then getting a Marvin, CJ, Holt, Owens, Smith as your WR.

Ahman Green should do well in Houston. Its his old coach and essentually the same scheme that made him successful. He is going between the 4th-7th rounds. Very unpredictable where he goes this year.

Brandon Jacobs will be good value where he will be available.

Lamont Jordon sucked last year and there is no guarantee he will be better. However he will be available in the mid to late rounds and is worth a flyer.

Brandon Jackson is my late Rd RB sleeper. I think he is in a great position to be the starter with only MORONcy in his way.

WR's

Housh, everybody knows of him, his numbers were awesome last year, but he is going in the 4th or 5th round.

Driver flies under the radar every year but puts up the numbers. I like him in the 5th or 6th round.

Chambers is a top WR that had a horrible 2006. This year I' see him putting up much better numbers and he can be had in the 6th Rd.

I like Berrian, Hackett, Santonio Holmes, and Devery in the 10th or so RD.

Kevin Curtis in the 11th is a steal. He will be Mcnads #1 target this year in my opinion. Break away speed.

Brandon Marshall and Curry are great late rd flyers.

QB's

Top 5 guys will be gone by the 5th rd. I will make sure I have one of them because the drop off to the 2nd and 3rd tier is big.

Mcnabb will have a lot of value where he is drafted. But obviously he is an injury risk. Every year he is one of the unexpected leaders in fantasy points then gets hurt. If he stays healthy he can be solid even with lesser targets.

Romo and Rivers will be available in the 8th or so. That is good value.

Young will get a lot of rushing yds but has noone to throw to. A little risky but who knows. 9th-10th rd.

Roth in the 12th is a very good value. He would probably be my sleeper because of the coaching changes that should favor the pasing game. Ints are a worry.

TE

Cooley is a major part of Wash Offense. I love him in the 8th. Gates 71/924/9tds Cooley 57/734/6td's. For 14 less receptions, 200 less yds, and 3 less td's you can wait 4 more rounds. That is 52 less fantasy points in a PPR.

Winslow in the 8th is nice. When compared to Gates: Same receptions, same yards, 6 less TD's. 36 less fantasy points for a 4 round difference.

Mcmichael in the 11th is great value. Especially since he is now on the Rams with Linehan who made him a star in Miami and knows how to use him.

K

Don't grab a kicker until the last round. There are 12-14 solid ones. The guy you get will be fine.


Nice job! Hit on a lot of my favs. I will add that if your league is savy Jackson won't be there after the 5/6th round. If Kitna can stay healthy he will put up some very nice numbers. If your league allows individual return yards, or even if you just want to take a flier, Devon Hester of the Bears is a nice late round steal. He is a great returner who has been impressing in camps with his WR skills.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Favorite Sleepers 2007

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:01 pm

QB

Jay Cutler - Played well when he started last year, and with another offseason to develop, I think he could lead that team to the Super Bowl.

JP Losman - Had a surprisingly good year last year and should ony get better.

RB

Deangelo Williams - He is the primary running back in a run-first offense. Relative to his ADP, he is a godo pickup.

Anthony Thomas - Everyone is getting caught up in Lynch, but Thomas might still end up being the starter or at least splitting carries. Great value for an 11th or 12th round pick.

WR

Santonio Holmes - Had a great rookie year, and with the Steelers opening up the offense, Roethlisberger recovered (hopefully), and Holmes having another offseason to develop, he should have a great year as the Steelers' #2 receiver.

Demetrius Williams - Derrick Mason has been reduced to the slot receiver, which means Williams is the likely starter. He showed a lot last year, and he is definitely worth his late round flier status right now.

TE

Heath Miller - The Steelers are opening up the offense and looking to use tight ends a lot more this year. Miller could line up anywhere, from TE to the slot to even the outside. His talent will finally be used, and he should have a good year as well.

Eric Johnson - The new starter in New Orleans. Drew Brees liked Antonio Gates in San Diego, and Johnson is a good tight end. He has sleeper potential and could have a good year.

K

Jason Hanson - He's the kicker in a very one-dimensional offense. Remember Neil Rackers' great year? That was when the Cards had an excellent passing game but no running game. Pick up Hanson in the last round or off waivers and never look back.

DEF

Philadelphia - They have a pretty good first 4 weeks schedule (Green Bay, Washington, Detroit, NYG), so if you like playing matchups, Philly is a good defense to pick up for your first few games.
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Favorite Sleepers 2007

Postby BGbootha » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:21 pm

A couple of really deep sleepers I am keying on this year.

Maurice Morris, RB, SEA - Alexander hasn't been healthy and he isn't healthy. Don't see Alexander playing 16 games this year (I hope he can play 10), Morris will either give you some nice fill in numbers or be beautiful trade bait in the middle of the season.

JP Losman, QB, BUF - Alot of people don't realize how good of a year he had last year, and he should only get better, their Run Game is rebuilding and they should have a great deal of opportunities to play from behind which means more passing.

Randy McMicheal, TE, MIA - Just a hunch really,
Image
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3830
Joined: 18 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Re: Favorite Sleepers 2007

Postby CC » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:36 pm

BGbootha wrote:A couple of really deep sleepers I am keying on this year.

Maurice Morris, RB, SEA - Alexander hasn't been healthy and he isn't healthy. Don't see Alexander playing 16 games this year (I hope he can play 10), Morris will either give you some nice fill in numbers or be beautiful trade bait in the middle of the season.

JP Losman, QB, BUF - Alot of people don't realize how good of a year he had last year, and he should only get better, their Run Game is rebuilding and they should have a great deal of opportunities to play from behind which means more passing.

Randy McMicheal, TE, MIA - Just a hunch really,


McMicheal now plays for St. Louis.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Re: Favorite Sleepers 2007

Postby frogfan » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:11 pm

Julius Jones, Mark Clayton, Jason Witten, Cowboys DST, Tatum Bell, Santonio Holmes
frogfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 330
Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Favorite Sleepers 2007

Postby Heavyg25 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:17 pm

CC wrote:
BGbootha wrote:A couple of really deep sleepers I am keying on this year.

Maurice Morris, RB, SEA - Alexander hasn't been healthy and he isn't healthy. Don't see Alexander playing 16 games this year (I hope he can play 10), Morris will either give you some nice fill in numbers or be beautiful trade bait in the middle of the season.

JP Losman, QB, BUF - Alot of people don't realize how good of a year he had last year, and he should only get better, their Run Game is rebuilding and they should have a great deal of opportunities to play from behind which means more passing.

Randy McMicheal, TE, MIA - Just a hunch really,


McMicheal now plays for St. Louis.


Pretty hard to take a guy seriously that doesn't know what teams players play for and still thinks Alexander is injured.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 223
Joined: 19 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 4:10 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact