Favorite Sleepers 2007 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favorite Sleepers 2007

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Favorite Sleepers 2007

Postby moonhead » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:49 pm

Heavyg25 wrote:
CC wrote:
BGbootha wrote:A couple of really deep sleepers I am keying on this year.

Maurice Morris, RB, SEA - Alexander hasn't been healthy and he isn't healthy. Don't see Alexander playing 16 games this year (I hope he can play 10), Morris will either give you some nice fill in numbers or be beautiful trade bait in the middle of the season.

JP Losman, QB, BUF - Alot of people don't realize how good of a year he had last year, and he should only get better, their Run Game is rebuilding and they should have a great deal of opportunities to play from behind which means more passing.

Randy McMicheal, TE, MIA - Just a hunch really,

McMicheal now plays for St. Louis.

Pretty hard to take a guy seriously that doesn't know what teams players play for and still thinks Alexander is injured.

don't talk that kinda smack. bootha is a knowledgeable poster. he's in seattle, and would have more of an inside track on alexander's health than most outside that immediate area. i, for one, don't believe that his foot is completely healed either. and anyone can forget where randy mcmichael is playing. simple oversight or brainfart. happens all the time.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:03 pm

QB- Big Ben
RB- Edge
WR- Moss(Not much of a sleeper but will do better than expected)
SHOCKandAWE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The town with the BEST football fans around! PITTSBURGH, PA

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:45 am

Heavyg25 wrote:
CC wrote:

Maurice Morris, RB, SEA - Alexander hasn't been healthy and he isn't healthy. Don't see Alexander playing 16 games this year (I hope he can play 10), Morris will either give you some nice fill in numbers or be beautiful trade bait in the middle of the season.

JP Losman, QB, BUF - Alot of people don't realize how good of a year he had last year, and he should only get better, their Run Game is rebuilding and they should have a great deal of opportunities to play from behind which means more passing.

Pretty hard to take a guy seriously that doesn't know what teams players play for and still thinks Alexander is injured.

Don't know Bootha personally but he has probably forgotten more about FFball than you will ever know. Seen him offer a lot of solid advice on here.

So he botched where Mcmichael played. It happens. Bottom line is the advice is solid because Mcmichael is on the Rams with the coach that made him successful in the first place. I like his chances this year as a deep sleeper.

I think Alexander is fine but hearing it from a Hawks fan makes me rethink my position.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby sixer03fan » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:02 am

guys stop trash talking and lets hear some more sleepers. I wanna know who I should stack my bench with or get good value for in later rounds..
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:12 pm

i like moons list.

off the top of my head:

cutler
eli

deshaun foster
julius jones
lamont jordan (relative to draft position)
brandon jackson

devery henderson
chris chambers

lj smith
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:48 pm

I would say Reggie Brown, especially for where you are getting him. You will probably get him in rounds 4-6. And for a guy who will probably put up very solid numbers, thats a steal. He's got the potential(McNabb has likened him to a Harrison type with good route running and deceptive speed), McNabb likes him a lot(when TO was in philly, remember what happened when McNabb liked a receiver), this is third year(the year a receiver usually has his first big year, such as Smith and roy), and finally, aside from hank baskett(who is just in the developmental stage) the eagles receivers pretty much suck(and I am including Curtis) i don't think he's going to do a lot.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:56 pm

Heavyg25 wrote:
CC wrote:

I try to judge more on content than on simple mistakes. I don't trust McWifebeater though because the Rams haven't exactly used the TE much over the years. Could be with Martz gone and a more than capable TE that will change.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:00 pm

A guy who I like for bench/backup purposes is Marcedes Lewis. I know a lot of people won't draft a backup TE, but in a deeper league or on a team where you're not sure of your starter, I think he could prove to be great late round value. He missed a lot of preseason time last year and never really got into the rythm of the offense which is understandable since rookie TE's rarely produce.

None of Jacksonville's wide receivers have stepped up and shown that they can be counted on from week to week. While they still have plenty of potential, Lewis could emerge as a favorite target of the Jaguars starter (presumably Leftwich). He's got all the tools and won't leave the field much as he can block as well as catch. If he can develop a good rapport within the offense early on he could see a lot of looks in an offense that can move the ball with a very good running game.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:28 pm

QB: Jay Cutler, Alex Smith
WR: Greg Jennings, Brandon Jones
RB: Brandon Jackson, Jerious Norwood, LenDale White
TE: Greg Olsen, David Martin
K: Jason Elam
DEF: Dallas, Minnesota
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:02 pm

QBs: Culter, Schuab
RBs: DeAngelo Williams, Jerious Norwood, Garrett Wolfe(deep sleeper)
WRs: Vincent Jackson, Greg Jennings, Deion Branch(relative to adp), Drew Bennett
TEs: Ben Watson, Greg Olson
K: who knows
DEF: Minny, Dallas
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk