TJ Houshyomama - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TJ Houshyomama

Moderator: Football Moderators

TJ Houshyomama

Postby Lordrevolution » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:05 pm

Is anyone else expecting a monster year from Housh? In a PPR league I could see him ending as a top five WR, and ahead of CJ. Last season he his best as a pro while missing the first two games, and this year he's playing for contract money. Not to meantion he'll be the prime redzone target since Henry is out for the first eight weeks and CJ will be double teamed.

Another thing, week 14-16 is Rams, 49ers, Browns.
Lordrevolution
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: TJ Houshyomama

Postby ownthecourt47 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:46 pm

He's been my most targeted player this year and I absolutely see him being a top five WR.
ownthecourt47
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eagles21 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:58 pm

I don't know about top 5, but I can see him sneak in to the top 10 and definitely top 15. I have also been targeting him in most of my drafts. He seems to be a bit undervalued, so I've been going for him in the 4th round or so.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CPD » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:08 pm

The secret on Housh is Finnally out...ive been targeting him for 3 years now...lol

In PPR Housh is without a doubt top 3 to 5....imho..hell get 90 to 105 receptions and could score 12 tds's this year....

"championship"
CPD
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:10 pm

He's a decent #1 receiver and an excellent #2 receiver. I personally would rather have him than CJ2 because I think they're going to be similar in value, but Housh can be had in the late third while you need to burn a 2nd rounder to get Chad, not to mention that Chad is really inconsistent. I'd put him somewhere around the 9th or 10th best receiver.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:15 pm

no offense, but we are finito santiago with the Housmanzadeh name jokes.

But to answer your question, I think top 10 is bold myself, let alone top 5. Without devolving into a ranking per se, I will say that harrison, wayne, holt, moss, TO, chad johnson, steve smith, javon walker, lee evans, and larry fitzgerald are better picks in my my mind. I'll debate the last two, but I just can't justify him any higher 8 or 9, and that's generous to me.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lordrevolution » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:32 pm

eaglesrule wrote:no offense, but we are finito santiago with the Housmanzadeh name jokes.

But to answer your question, I think top 10 is bold myself, let alone top 5. Without devolving into a ranking per se, I will say that harrison, wayne, holt, moss, TO, chad johnson, steve smith, javon walker, lee evans, and larry fitzgerald are better picks in my my mind. I'll debate the last two, but I just can't justify him any higher 8 or 9, and that's generous to me.

Until everyone can spell his name correctly, the jokes will go on.
And there are questions for everyone on that list (esp Moss, you're kidding there right?). The only one in that group I can say confidently will beat Housh at the end of the year is Wayne. Age has got to catch up to Harrison, Holt, and TO sometime. CJ is feast or famine. SS is still the only person on his team with skill and should be triple teamed every play. Walker has concerns over watching his friend die and being the only passing option in Denver. Evans sounds like another joke and Fitz is playing for a run heavy team with another beast WR across the line. I'm not saying these guys are bad, but none of them are the same type of lock that Housh seems to be.
Lordrevolution
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fantasizing » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:14 pm

Housh could be in for a monster year because Palmer routinely looks to Housh and
C. Henry when in the red zone and C. Henry is out for half the year.

C. Henry got 9 TDs last year. Housh got 9 TDs last year. Housh could a TD machine.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bagobonez » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:58 pm

Housh would have finished higher than CJ last year if he had played all 16 games instead of just 14. He's the most underated fantasy player out there for '07, and I can't believe some people are taking guys like Andre Johnson, Javon Walker, Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald ahead of him.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:56 pm

Lordrevolution wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:no offense, but we are finito santiago with the Housmanzadeh name jokes.

Until everyone can spell his name correctly, the jokes will go on.
And there are questions for everyone on that list (esp Moss, you're kidding there right?). The only one in that group I can say confidently will beat Housh at the end of the year is Wayne. Age has got to catch up to Harrison, Holt, and TO sometime. CJ is feast or famine. SS is still the only person on his team with skill and should be triple teamed every play. Walker has concerns over watching his friend die and being the only passing option in Denver. Evans sounds like another joke and Fitz is playing for a run heavy team with another beast WR across the line. I'm not saying these guys are bad, but none of them are the same type of lock that Housh seems to be.

well, everyone won't-- that's not the point. Its just silly though as its tired. He has an atypical name, get over it.

"age has GOT to catch up" -- well it hasn't. So, until proven otherwise, TO, Harrison, Holt are better. And sorry but Moss has more natural skills than houshmanzadeh could hope for. He is also a flake, and that counts for something. But he also is in a situation where he probably has the best, or second best qb in the game tossing to him, AND a cioach, who despite popular "deception" will toss it all over if need be. Belicheck is the same guy who took a safey and played zero at the line. Me thinks he will use the best weapons available to him. how in the world do you defend stallworth and moss? Normal cbs can't. They aren't fast enough to smother donte, and moss has the skills to be both a burner and a possesion type receiver. Its going to be "pick em" anytime both of them are on the field, and we haven't discussed welker yet. This team IS NOT about running to win, its about winning to win. Look at the firs ttuper bowl year, it was not a running team. Belicheck with brady and those catching weapons are going to be obnoxious with pass plays even if none are stand out. And honestly, if moss isn't "standout" real-life wise, he is still going to be a mosnter. They didn't do this to have him be a normal team member. New England is going to BLAST people. You could say that even though ovwerall, you would rather wayne and harrison, donte's explosiveness and moss' ability basically even that out. It could be, and probably will be, sick.

CJ may be fezt or famine, but consistency is the overrated in this game. You need to win in this game, and yes, sometimes Explosiveness will steer you wrong. QBs will do this to you. WRs? I think most of the times, they are a little dicey, even the best ones.

Personlly, housh can be top 10, I didn't think I discounted that. He ain't gonna be top five. And he doesn't deservet o be. And personally, I don;'t think he deserves top 10, and if he does, he is 9 or 10. Value wise, probably the bargain of the draft, but at the same time, if yoo many poeple figure it out, he isn;t much worth anyhing, other than his normal, slated, value.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk