Shawn Alexander worthy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shawn Alexander worthy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Shawn Alexander worthy

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:48 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:Sorry Shaun but we REALLY like Hutch over here in MN.

;-D And that's not my thumb. :-D
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:00 pm

D3C4K wrote:
bagobonez wrote:I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree. But come November don't say I didnt' warn you when Alexander's just not carrying your team like a 4th overall pick should.

Actually, I'm praying for a top 2 pick. ;-D

If I draw the 4th overall pick, I might trade down and grab whomever's left. Save myself a headache and grab another top 15 player in the 2nd. Good luck this year.

mystykoekaki wrote:Sorry Shaun but we REALLY like Hutch over here in MN.

:-b

that sounds all well and good, but that's what everyone is thinking and it just doesn't happen. You could net yourself a 8th rounder or something, but nto a 2nd rounder.

I don't understand how SA's past is a bad thing?? This guy was better than anyone at RB in 04 and 05 and he has an injury in 06 and now he's not even top 10? So they lost D-Jack, but they still have D-Hack (that doesn't sound as good as it looks to me) and burleson. Maybe with a healthy hasselbeck and a healthy SA and an anything but declining walter jones SA could regain 90 percent of his old form? If he does then he's a top 5 guy. I think SA is a great pick top 5 because I think he has a way better shot than someone like frank Gore or Reggie Bush to be the top overall RB. He or LT or LJ have the best shot in my mind. Steven Jackson is right behind them. Jackson could go before SA because he seems a little bit safer, but SA has a higher ceiling. A 20+ TD ceiling.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bagobonez » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:13 pm

You would draft Alexander over Jackson? Want to join any of my leagues? :-b I'm not saying Reggie Bush should be drafted at #4, and I don't think LJ should either. I currently have Addai at #4 and would definitely take him over Alexander. Addai is young, plays for the best offense in the league, and has the potential to put up 500 yards receiving unlike Alexander. I realize he's more unproven than Alexander, but I'd much rather jump on a player a year too soon than hang onto someone a year too long.

We can go around and around on this subject, but we're all agreeing to disagree, and that's fine with me. We can revive this thread January of 08.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby biju » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:18 pm

bagobonez wrote:
biju wrote:
bagobonez wrote:I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree. But come November don't say I didnt' warn you when Alexander's just not carrying your team like a 4th overall pick should.

Care to put a sig bet down? It's easy to say that, but to put numbers and a sig on the line sounds much better.

:-D

Sure. I think Alexander needs to finish as RB5 or higher, otherwise I win the bet. What are the terms?

The terms being the loser has to showcase the sig of the winner's choice during the 2007-2008 offseason until the first week of the season. Sound fair? Again, this is in standard yahoo scoring, not PPR.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk