Bonds PASSES Aaron - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Bonds PASSES Aaron

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Bonds PASSES Aaron

Postby maddog60 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:25 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:I haven't stated that he hasn't taken steroids. What I'm saying is that steroids isn't the end all be all of Barry's career as a Home Run hitter. You guys make it sound like he was some scrawny little speedster that slapped base hits all around. Barry has been a great player his whole career. His dad was a great player. Do I think he's the best player all-time? No. But give me a break.

For me its the fact that Bonds was a great player before the steroids that makes his cheating an even more egregious offense. He would've gone to the Hall of Fame if he stayed clean. He hit for average, belts 30-something HRs a year, a good lot of RBIs, and was an all-around excellent player. Yet still, he had to cheat. He wasn't happy being one of the best to ever play the sport and doing it legit, he had to cheat his way into the record books.

The fact that he would've gone to the Hall of Fame clean is all the more reason he nor anything he's accomplished since cheating belong in the Hall of Fame.

I dont know how anyone can respect the player or the sport when it celebrates an admitted cheater, who mocks the fans with an excuse on par with "my dog ate it" when he goes on record saying he took steroids, but didnt know they were steroids. Or when the commissioner has it on record that a player is about to go into the record books when he admittedly cheated, and he turns a blind eye, fearful of just how corrupt the sport has become. Or when the fans celebrate and honor a cheater, an admitted cheater, along with the coward commissioner and the corrupt league, and sing his praise when he has in fact earned nothing, and instead tarnished the sport his so called accomplishments belong to.

But I guess baseball doesn't care. They pay homage to their reigning Homerun record holder, BALCO, and happily ignore that a 100 year past time has become nothing more than a farce. Its a shame, I used to love baseball, would watch Phillies games, even though they sucked, religiously with my dad, but I can't stand seeing how the sport has smeared its own legends by allowing Bonds and the steroid corruption to go this far. The two most heralded records in American sports during the 90's were the single season HR record and the all-time HR record. Now both are meaningless, as they belong to admitted cheaters.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tavish » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:17 pm

Nothing funnier than hearing football fans crack on baseball claiming steroids/HGH ruined the integrity of the game. ;-7
---..---
Tavish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:05 pm

Tavish wrote:Nothing funnier than hearing football fans crack on baseball claiming steroids/HGH ruined the integrity of the game. ;-7

Haha, couldn't agree more. No one in the NFL is on HGH/steroids, right? ;-7

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:58 pm

Tavish wrote:Nothing funnier than hearing football fans crack on baseball claiming steroids/HGH ruined the integrity of the game. ;-7

Because there are PED abusers in football, that does not absolve baseball of its own problems.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:12 pm

knapplc wrote:

Because there are PED abusers in football, that does not absolve baseball of its own problems.

I never claimed otherwise.
---..---
Tavish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:37 am

Tavish wrote:
knapplc wrote:

There are abusers in all sports, but football is at least cracking down on them. Baseball celebrates theirs.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tavish » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:45 am

knapplc wrote:

maddog60 wrote:
Tavish wrote:I never claimed otherwise.

There are abusers in all sports, but football is at least cracking down on them. Baseball celebrates theirs.

Football cracks down on the ones that test positive. So does baseball.
---..---
Tavish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:10 am

maddog60 wrote:
Tavish wrote:
knapplc wrote:Because there are PED abusers in football, that does not absolve baseball of its own problems.

Wait, what? In both football and baseball when someone tests positive, they are disiplinsed. What do you want the MLB to do? Assume that someone is taking steroids and suspend them with no evidence? :-? I would venture to say if anything, baseball is cracking down more than football.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby maddog60 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:22 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Wait, what? In both football and baseball when someone tests positive, they are disiplinsed. What do you want the MLB to do? Assume that someone is taking steroids and suspend them with no evidence? :-? I would venture to say if anything, baseball is cracking down more than football.

Confessions aren't evidence? Bonds excuse of ignorance still admits he took steroids.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guru13 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:29 am

maddog60 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Wait, what? In both football and baseball when someone tests positive, they are disiplinsed. What do you want the MLB to do? Assume that someone is taking steroids and suspend them with no evidence? :-? I would venture to say if anything, baseball is cracking down more than football.

Confessions aren't evidence? Bonds excuse of ignorance still admits he took steroids.

exactly, even if unbeknowst to him (ya right) he still had an unfair advantage.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk