Bonds PASSES Aaron - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Bonds PASSES Aaron

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Bonds PASSES Aaron

Postby Tavish » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:58 am

maddog60 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Wait, what? In both football and baseball when someone tests positive, they are disiplinsed. What do you want the MLB to do? Assume that someone is taking steroids and suspend them with no evidence? :-? I would venture to say if anything, baseball is cracking down more than football.

Confessions aren't evidence? Bonds excuse of ignorance still admits he took steroids.

How hard did the NFL crack down on Romanowski, Stubblefield, Cooper, and Robbins when the NFL found positive tests for THG? (They fined them) What about the mountain of evidence against several of the Panther players from the 03 Super Bowl team. (Nothing) When it comes to allegations or "outside the league investigations" in regards to PEDs, the NFL and the MLB basically have their hands tied. When the leagues step outside of the labor agreement they are asking for a world of legal trouble.
Last edited by Tavish on Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
---..---
Tavish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:59 am

I think it's funny that he never hit 50 HRs in a single season...oh, except for that one where he hit 73. :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:08 pm

Tavish wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Wait, what? In both football and baseball when someone tests positive, they are disiplinsed. What do you want the MLB to do? Assume that someone is taking steroids and suspend them with no evidence? :-? I would venture to say if anything, baseball is cracking down more than football.

Confessions aren't evidence? Bonds excuse of ignorance still admits he took steroids.

How hard did the NFL crack down on Romanowski, Stubblefield, Cooper, and Robbins when the NFL found positive tests for THG? (They fined them) What about the mountain of evidence against several of the Panther players from the 03 Super Bowl team. (Nothing) When it comes to allegations or "outside the league investigations" in regards to PEDs, the NFL and the MLB basically have their hands tied. When the leagues step outside of the labor agreement they are asking for a world of legal trouble.

What exactly is your motivation for coming here and pointing fingers?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:15 pm

knapplc wrote:
Tavish wrote:How hard did the NFL crack down on Romanowski, Stubblefield, Cooper, and Robbins when the NFL found positive tests for THG? (They fined them) What about the mountain of evidence against several of the Panther players from the 03 Super Bowl team. (Nothing) When it comes to allegations or "outside the league investigations" in regards to PEDs, the NFL and the MLB basically have their hands tied. When the leagues step outside of the labor agreement they are asking for a world of legal trouble.

Don't worry Knapp, I have a nice trump card :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:22 pm

knapplc wrote:
Tavish wrote:
maddog60 wrote:Confessions aren't evidence? Bonds excuse of ignorance still admits he took steroids.

It has nothing to do with pointing fingers. I said I found it funny that football fans were so quick to attack the integrity of baseball. This isn't a baseball problem, this is something that is in all sports and life in general. I don't have much of a problem with how either the NFL or MLB has handled their particular situations. I wish the MLB had been a little more proactive as the NFL has been. Now I wish the MLB would spend more time and energy dealing with the situation moving forward instead of focusing on what happened 10 years ago like the NFL tends to do. I wish people would do the same but I understand why they feel upset. I personally enjoyed watching every minute of the McGwire/Sosa race, Bonds' 73, and got chills when I watched him hit 756 out of the park along with seeing Mays and Aaron be part of the passing of the torch. Those are the reasons I watch sporting events, what makes them compelling. I wouldn't watch a second of it if I was bothered that some of the Titan's might be juiced up as they drove down the field against the Rams and came up a yard shy in the Super Bowl.

I don't watch any sporting event and think "thank goodness all those players are clean". I don't do that because I really don't care what they do with their bodies. I watch them for entertainment and bigger/faster/stronger players are more entertaining. Players are more entertaining when they are on the field instead of injured on the sidelines and if PEDs get them healthy quicker and back out there playing then good for them. Its their choice to take the risk of being caught, not mine.

If Swarchenegger needs to do steroids to look more menacing as the Terminator its not really my concern. Personally I would feel like a hypocrite if I sat here and claimed disgust at Bonds while listening to my favorite Nirvana or Hendrix song.

*edit* I'll pull the question I had, it isn't worth the debate that would come about.
---..---
Tavish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby knapplc » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:36 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Tavish wrote:How hard did the NFL crack down on Romanowski, Stubblefield, Cooper, and Robbins when the NFL found positive tests for THG? (They fined them) What about the mountain of evidence against several of the Panther players from the 03 Super Bowl team. (Nothing) When it comes to allegations or "outside the league investigations" in regards to PEDs, the NFL and the MLB basically have their hands tied. When the leagues step outside of the labor agreement they are asking for a world of legal trouble.

Don't worry Knapp, I have a nice trump card :-D

:-?

What does that have to do with the question I asked Tavish?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:46 pm

Tavish wrote:
knapplc wrote:

It has nothing to do with pointing fingers. I said I found it funny that football fans were so quick to attack the integrity of baseball. This isn't a baseball problem, this is something that is in all sports and life in general. I don't have much of a problem with how either the NFL or MLB has handled their particular situations. I wish the MLB had been a little more proactive as the NFL has been. Now I wish the MLB would spend more time and energy dealing with the situation moving forward instead of focusing on what happened 10 years ago like the NFL tends to do. I wish people would do the same but I understand why they feel upset. I personally enjoyed watching every minute of the McGwire/Sosa race, Bonds' 73, and got chills when I watched him hit 756 out of the park along with seeing Mays and Aaron be part of the passing of the torch. Those are the reasons I watch sporting events, what makes them compelling. I wouldn't watch a second of it if I was bothered that some of the Titan's might be juiced up as they drove down the field against the Rams and came up a yard shy in the Super Bowl.

I don't watch any sporting event and think "thank goodness all those players are clean". I don't do that because I really don't care what they do with their bodies. I watch them for entertainment and bigger/faster/stronger players are more entertaining. Players are more entertaining when they are on the field instead of injured on the sidelines and if PEDs get them healthy quicker and back out there playing then good for them. Its their choice to take the risk of being caught, not mine.

If Swarchenegger needs to do steroids to look more menacing as the Terminator its not really my concern. Personally I would feel like a hypocrite if I sat here and claimed disgust at Bonds while listening to my favorite Nirvana or Hendrix song.

*edit* I'll pull the question I had, it isn't worth the debate that would come about.

From your first post to this post ^^ you are pointing fingers at football.
Tavish wrote:Nothing funnier than hearing football fans crack on baseball claiming steroids/HGH ruined the integrity of the game. ;-7

The guys talking about baseball in this discussion, me included, happen to be baseball fans. We get to talk about baseball if we want. It's not verboten. Further, by bringing up the wholly true point that baseball has PED abusers we're not saying in any way that football is "better" or any such thing, which is how your first post came across. You crack on football fans, yet get miffed when we talk about baseball? I'm not getting the reason for the double standard.

This is a baseball discussion. It's not about football, and bringing up the wholly true point that football has PED abusers doesn't really relate to this conversation. If you want to start a thread about PED abuse in football you're more than welcome. I'll bet you won't find much by the way of deniers hereabouts - certainly not to the level of the Bonds apologists on the Dark Side.

As a frequent user of both the Baseball Side and the Football Side, I really don't get the angst between us, especially when there's so much crossover of baseball to football between the Cafes.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tavish » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:41 pm

knapplc wrote:From your first post to this post ^^ you are pointing fingers at football.
Tavish wrote:Nothing funnier than hearing football fans crack on baseball claiming steroids/HGH ruined the integrity of the game. ;-7

attack on fans of other sports then I apologize but I certainly hope people don't take it that way. If this discussion is just supposed to be limited to what an awful person Bonds is then I'll withdraw. But if it a discussion of what Bonds use/supposed use of PEDs mean in the context of the game then it certainly worth looking at how PED users are viewed in other sports or illegal drug users in other entertainment fields.

The guys talking about baseball in this discussion, me included, happen to be baseball fans. We get to talk about baseball if we want. It's not verboten. Further, by bringing up the wholly true point that baseball has PED abusers we're not saying in any way that football is "better" or any such thing, which is how your first post came across. You crack on football fans, yet get miffed when we talk about baseball? I'm not getting the reason for the double standard.

This is a baseball discussion. It's not about football, and bringing up the wholly true point that football has PED abusers doesn't really relate to this conversation. If you want to start a thread about PED abuse in football you're more than welcome. I'll bet you won't find much by the way of deniers hereabouts - certainly not to the level of the Bonds apologists on the Dark Side.

Not sure how that is pointing a finger at football. I found it funny so I said I found it funny. It certainly isn't some sort of condemnation against the NFL or its fans. I really don't understand how you are getting me being miffed that baseball is being talked about on the Football Cafe. I think its great. I came over to try and get a quick handle on any injuries/position battles that I may have been out-to-date on for training camp, noticed the Bonds thread and added some quick input. I could have said the same thing on the Basketball Cafe, the Boxing Cafe, or the WWF Cafe.

If saying that PEDs are a part all sports (football included) is considered an attack on fans of other sports then I apologize but I certainly hope people don't take it that way. If this discussion is just supposed to be limited to what an awful person Bonds is then I'll withdraw. But if it a discussion of what Bonds use/supposed use of PEDs mean in the context of the game (which many of the previous posts pertained to) then IMO it is certainly worth looking at how PED users are viewed in other sports or illegal drug users in other entertainment fields.

As a frequent user of both the Baseball Side and the Football Side, I really don't get the angst between us, especially when there's so much crossover of baseball to football between the Cafes.

I don't either. Maybe I'm reading something into it that wasn't meant but the "coming here" question seemed like you took it personally because I normally post on the darkside. Would the comment bothered you as much if it came from a FBC regular?
---..---
Tavish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to General Talk