Philosophical qestion ... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Philosophical qestion ...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Philosophical qestion ...

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:36 pm

Now that the boomers are getting to retirement age, and the x and y's of th world are taking over ... It begs my question...

Do you think in the next 20 years, fantasy performance will cloud HOF voting at all?

IT may be stupid, but i am curious, as a lot of football and baseball is starting to get filtered through that prism.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Philosophical qestion ...

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:09 am

That's a good question. I think fantasy stats already pollute a lot of sports shows, like on ESPN's First and Ten, some random girl will come on and say something like "LT is a better running back than Frank Gore because LT had more TDs last year." I don't, however, think it will have anything to do with HOF voting, because the voters for the HOF is done by people whom know the game and know what's going on without looking at fantasy stats. It does bother me, though, when people who know nothing about football plays, strategy, talent, etc. go on ESPN and other shows and claim to be "experts."
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk