Why Do Owners..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Commissioner's Corner

Why Do Owners.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why Do Owners.....

Postby tpflanz » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:17 am

join leagues without reading the rules, and then repeatedly petition to have rules changed?

As a commish for the past 8 years, there is nothing that I can't stand more.


As a commish, what bugs you most about running the league?
tpflanz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 303
Joined: 9 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Why Do Owners.....

Postby dream_017 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:09 pm

tpflanz wrote:join leagues without reading the rules, and then repeatedly petition to have rules changed?

As a commish for the past 8 years, there is nothing that I can't stand more.


As a commish, what bugs you most about running the league?

Are these Yahoo leagues??
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15306
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

Re: Why Do Owners.....

Postby tpflanz » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:40 pm

nah man... leagues that ive formed with people through the cafe and leagues with friends and coworkers... yahoo! is the absolute worst fantasy website out there. i would rather kick myself in the balls and give you $100 then play in a yahoo! league. yahoo! and espn leagues are for kids and noobs.... i hate them too!
tpflanz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 303
Joined: 9 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Why Do Owners.....

Postby Script-Ohio » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:01 pm

tpflanz wrote:nah man... leagues that ive formed with people through the cafe and leagues with friends and coworkers... yahoo! is the absolute worst fantasy website out there. i would rather kick myself in the balls and give you $100 then play in a yahoo! league. yahoo! and espn leagues are for kids and noobs.... i hate them too!


Why exactly?
Script-Ohio
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 657
Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Why Do Owners.....

Postby tpflanz » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:27 pm

why exactly, what? you quoted my entire post!

why do i form leagues with people through the cafe and leagues with friends and coworkers...

why is yahoo! is the absolute worst fantasy website out there...

why would i rather kick myself in the balls and give you $100 then play in a yahoo! league...

why are yahoo! and espn leagues are for kids and noobs....

or

why do i hate them too?
tpflanz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 303
Joined: 9 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Why Do Owners.....

Postby tabmoc72 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:52 am

tpflanz wrote:why exactly, what? you quoted my entire post!

why do i form leagues with people through the cafe and leagues with friends and coworkers...

why is yahoo! is the absolute worst fantasy website out there...

why would i rather kick myself in the balls and give you $100 then play in a yahoo! league...

why are yahoo! and espn leagues are for kids and noobs....

or

why do i hate them too?


Seeing as 4 of those questions are very similar, I think he's asking why you think Yahoo! and ESPN are so terrible.

And I would like to ask if that statement is directed at free, public leagues over there or any league, including private ones among friends that are simply based on Yahoo!/ESPN.
tabmoc72 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 104
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Why Do Owners.....

Postby jebatzel » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:32 am

CBS sportsline better?

I have been running yahoo private league for years and didn't really have any major problems to speak of.
jebatzel
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1762
Joined: 15 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Why Do Owners.....

Postby tpflanz » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:36 pm

yes, free leagues absolutely suck! as for the websites Yahoo is horrible for multiple reasons. just the overall fantasy format that they offer. i should mention that i have not played there in years, but some friends tell me that it is still horrible. espn is better this year, but still lacking in scoring options and features. the absolute best free site is fantasysports.aol.com. fully customizable
tpflanz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 303
Joined: 9 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Why Do Owners.....

Postby kinghill » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:52 pm

tpflanz wrote:yes, free leagues absolutely suck! as for the websites Yahoo is horrible for multiple reasons. just the overall fantasy format that they offer. i should mention that i have not played there in years, but some friends tell me that it is still horrible. espn is better this year, but still lacking in scoring options and features. the absolute best free site is fantasysports.aol.com. fully customizable


I used free Yahoo for 9 leagues in the past few years, commishing 4 of them, and I had no major problems. The only problem we ran into was lack of customization. Overall the leagues were very easy to run and they have a nice easy interface to work with. I checked out AOL's interface this year and didn't like it from the start, but hey, it can be hard to change.

This year we moved our money league to myfantasyleague.com which has taken a while to setup but I think it's going to be worth it, it actually works out to be cheaper than a free Yahoo league because live scoring with Yahoo was $10/owner, whereas MFL was $8/owner.
kinghill
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 47
Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Why Do Owners.....

Postby Atrain72 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:57 pm

Basicly if your in it to just have fun yahoo is the best. Its the easiest to use and doesnt have alot of bells and whistles.
Atrain72
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 27
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:32 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact