Ronald Curry - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ronald Curry

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ronald Curry

Postby ZeroSum » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:03 am

Aside from all the negative opinions about the Raiders offense this season, I find the responses given out on this sight typically enlightening...so I am going to ask....what role will Curry play in the offensive scheme of the Raiders and does he have any fantasy value at all based on a WR scoring scheme of

5 points per receiving TD
6 points rushing TD
.1 points per yard for both receiving and rushing

Much obliged
ZeroSum
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ronald Curry

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:32 am

I see him as a great late round flyer in all formats.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:36 am

ZeroSum wrote:Aside from all the negative opinions about the Raiders offense this season, I find the responses given out on this sight typically enlightening...so I am going to ask....what role will Curry play in the offensive scheme of the Raiders and does he have any fantasy value at all based on a WR scoring scheme of

5 points per receiving TD
6 points rushing TD
.1 points per yard for both receiving and rushing

Much obliged

I think Curry should do fine, he should be drafted more as a backup with some upside that the Raiders actually get it together for a couple games.

But I wanted ask you why are you in a league that devalues receiving TDs in favor of rushing TDs? It just doesn't make sense to overvalue RBs like that :-S
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby ZeroSum » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:39 pm

In our league, when a receiver rushes for a TD its 6 points, when he receives its 5...when a running back rushes for a TD its 5, but if he catches one its for 6.

Just the way we wrote the rules.
ZeroSum
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:13 pm

I think Curry is going to be in for a big year. I lke him as my #3 or 4 WR right now. Just hope that O-line can provide some protection this year for whoever starts at QB between C-Pep, McCown, Walters or Russell.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:31 pm

I dont think much of Curry, or any of the Oakland WRs.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mattb47 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:44 pm

maddog60 wrote:I dont think much of Curry, or any of the Oakland WRs.

Kinda my thoughts as well....honestly, I wouldn't want ANY of the Oakland receivers as anything more than a late round flyer to be my 5th WR or something. Definitely not a player I would want to have to depend on from week to week. Keep in mind that no matter who they have back there throwing the ball, they do indeed need time to throw for anything productive to occur. Quite frankly, I have no idea what Culpepper was thinking going to the place he's most likely going to be hit more than anywhere else he could have gone....whoever the starter is there is going to have a rough year.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:46 pm

mattb47 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:I dont think much of Curry, or any of the Oakland WRs.

Kinda my thoughts as well....honestly, I wouldn't want ANY of the Oakland receivers as anything more than a late round flyer to be my 5th WR or something. Definitely not a player I would want to have to depend on from week to week. Keep in mind that no matter who they have back there throwing the ball, they do indeed need time to throw for anything productive to occur. Quite frankly, I have no idea what Culpepper was thinking going to the place he's most likely going to be hit more than anywhere else he could have gone....whoever the starter is there is going to have a rough year.

Well from what I hear, McCown is likely to start the season, Culpepper could step in at some point, and Russell will probably finish the season, so maybe they plan to divide the load between 3 different guys to keep them healthy. Maybe QBBC is the next big trend once RBBC runs its course :-? :-b

But seriously, Curry seems to be as good as any other late-round flier pick right now. I don't like him as much as some of the others because that offense is going to struggle to put up 17 pts per game, so even if he plays out of his mind, his production will be inherently limited by the ineptitude of the Oakland offense.

(on the other hand, you saw what happened to the Saints offense when they got rid of Aaron Brooks :-b )
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk