2007~~Top 15 RBs~~ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2007~~Top 15 RBs~~

Moderator: Football Moderators

2007~~Top 15 RBs~~

Postby tHe.pRoFessionaL » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:38 pm

Thought I would just get this out there since the preseason is now underway and a lot of drafts are fixing to happen.

What do you guys think for this year??

Reasons beside the rankings would be great...I will post mine up tomorrow or maybe late tonight...gotta go to dinner.
tHe.pRoFessionaL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2007~~Top 15 RBs~~

Postby sublimeandy » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:43 pm

here's my top 15 w/ some comments

1. tomlinson- no brainer
2. s jax- i had his 3rd behind LJ previously but with LJ's holdout and the state of the KC offense i had to bump Sjax up
3. LJ- last answer explains this one.
4. S. Alexander- i think he is going to bounce back big time. i don't think he is going to produce on the same level that he has in the past but i think he is a lock for top 5 as long as he stays healthy, but that goes for anyone really.
5. westbrook- the eagles are going to be running the ball more and brian should put up slightly better numbers than last year, he will probably be the focal point of the offense.
6. w parker- i think parker won't have quite the td totals as he did last year. i think that with a healthy big ben the steelers will be airing the ball out more and that will probably lead to slightly lesser numbers for parker.
7. addai- i'm not yet ready to blow a top 5 pick on him just because we're not sure what he can do with a full load yet, but i don't think 1600 total yards and 12 td's are out of the question at all.
8. Gore- his injuries scare me, especially the broken hand. i put him 8th so i know i won't be drafting him.
9. T Henry- I think henry is going to thrive in denver i see him getting 1300 yds and 10 td's.
10. Rudi- might be a little low with rudi, but you always know what you're getting. 1300 yds 10 td.
11. W. McGahee- i don't really know how i feel about mcgahee yet, i like him a lot better in baltimore and think he will be running more effectively. baltimore will be doing more clock control than buffalo did and won't be playing from behind as often.
12. Portis- portis is top 10 if he stays healthy no doubt. i think he is a fantastic value pick in the 2nd round. he is an elite back, hands down.
13. R bush- as long as deuce is there i can't put reggie too high. i do think that he will bet around 1400 total yards and around 10 tds.
14. R Brown- miami offense will be much better with trent green which should make brown a little better. he probably would have been top 10 last year if he had stayed healthy.
15. Edgerrin James- I think we'll see a little of a bounce back year from edge, nothing close to his IND days, but a little boost from last year.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mystykoekaki » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:31 pm

Top 15 RBs -

1. LaDainian Tomlinson - MVP last season, isn't going to slow down that much. Expect substantial decrease from last season.
2. Steven Jackson - Wants the rock, he will get it and get you pay dirt basically every game.
3. Frank Gore - Norv left but he still should put up respectable numbers, least amount of ? marks of the next few.
4. Willie Parker - He had 16 TDs last season, that team wants to improve offensively and he will be a huge part of that.
5. Joseph Addai - HUGE upside, no Rhodes, young, on one of the best offenses in the league.
6. Shaun Alexander - The thing that looks bright about his season is that he wasn't used too much last year due to injury.
7. Larry Johnson - He had 400+ carries, lost ANOTHER offensive lineman. The team is a shell of its former self. Plus he is a holdout.
8. Brian Westbrook - He had his career year last year, time for him to show some wear and tear and slow down. Willing to bet he gets injured.
9. Rudi johnson - Steady but getting older. Plus they brought in Irons. Time is crucial.
10. Travis Henry - Boom or bust pick. DEN who knows, does Shanny even know? Watch the pre-season religously, and watch what his role is.
11. Laurence Maroney - Dillon carried for some nice TD numbers last season, it should trickle down to Maroney this year. I consider him my SJAX for 2007.
12. Brandon Jacobs - Big back with great speed for his size, he should impress this year. Look what that team did for Tiki.
13. Cedric Benson - He is now the starter, expect him to run the rock. I just don't trust that he can carry the full load, and he is mentally fragile.
14. Thomas Jones - That offensive line didn't have the best last season, Kendall fiasco hasn't been the best.
15. Ronnie Brown - At this point I really just don't trust Brown all that much, being a former owner, it sometimes gets frusterating.
Last edited by mystykoekaki on Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:41 pm

1) LT - no questions
2) S.Jax - I think his receptions will drop, but he'll be less focused in the Rams offense due to the upgrades in the O in the off season
3) SA - Huge bounce back year
4) LJ - 400 carries again? Might break down
5) Addai - Guy is just a stud
6) Gore - Scared of the fumble's
7) Rudi - Not much to say, might even bump him higher than Gore. Sure thing with him
8) Parker - Tons of upside, but new coaches, who knows?
9) Westy - Injury prone
10) Henry - Massive year this year, but not better than Westy if Westy stays healthy the whole year
11) McGahee - Not a massive year, but worth the turn pick in a 10 teamer
12) Portis - Huge upside in this guy. I just did a mock and got him in round three!! (I had pick 7 and got Rudi at 7 and Henry at 14)
13) R. Brown - I think the upgrade with Trent at QB will just make Brown more effective
14) Bush - This low because he splits with McCallister
15) T. Jones - Homerism maybe, but with Mangold and D'Brick being 2nd year players now and seeing what that Jets O-Line did with 2 rookies, I can see a solid year from Jones.
16) Edge - I'm somewhat high on him this year
17) Caddy - I think he could even surpass Edge, Bush or Ronnie this year to enter the top 15.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby Bravos of Steel » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:38 am

Dawinner127 wrote:1) LT - no questions
2) S.Jax - I think his receptions will drop, but he'll be less focused in the Rams offense due to the upgrades in the O in the off season
3) SA - Huge bounce back year
4) LJ - 400 carries again? Might break down
5) Addai - Guy is just a stud
6) Gore - Scared of the fumble's
7) Rudi - Not much to say, might even bump him higher than Gore. Sure thing with him
8) Parker - Tons of upside, but new coaches, who knows?
9) Westy - Injury prone
10) Henry - Massive year this year, but not better than Westy if Westy stays healthy the whole year
11) McGahee - Not a massive year, but worth the turn pick in a 10 teamer
12) Portis - Huge upside in this guy. I just did a mock and got him in round three!! (I had pick 7 and got Rudi at 7 and Henry at 14)
13) R. Brown - I think the upgrade with Trent at QB will just make Brown more effective
14) Bush - This low because he splits with McCallister
15) T. Jones - Homerism maybe, but with Mangold and D'Brick being 2nd year players now and seeing what that Jets O-Line did with 2 rookies, I can see a solid year from Jones.
16) Edge - I'm somewhat high on him this year
17) Caddy - I think he could even surpass Edge, Bush or Ronnie this year to enter the top 15.

I think it's unheard of to NOT have Laurence Maroney somewhere in there.
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby sublimeandy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:40 am

i didn't have maroney on mine either, not everyone is sold on maoney, i am one of them
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bravos of Steel » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:51 pm

sublimeandy wrote:i didn't have maroney on mine either, not everyone is sold on maoney, i am one of them

I can understand the possible injury concern, but other than that, what is there not to be sold on? The Patriots have arguably one of the best offenses in football, and more importantly for Maroney, one of the best offensive lines. The additions of Moss and Stallworth will only make the running game better. The addition of Adalius Thomas will only improve the defense, giving the New England offense oppurtunity to control the clock. People may give the comparison of a Ronnie Brown like year for him this year, but the Dolphin offense of '06 and the New England offense of '07 shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.

Regardless to say, it is my firm belief that any starting RB for the Patriots is an automatic top 15 back. Maroney is a top 10 no doubter. Just stating my case here.
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:41 pm

Bravos of Steel wrote:
sublimeandy wrote:i didn't have maroney on mine either, not everyone is sold on maoney, i am one of them

I can understand the possible injury concern, but other than that, what is there not to be sold on? The Patriots have arguably one of the best offenses in football, and more importantly for Maroney, one of the best offensive lines. The additions of Moss and Stallworth will only make the running game better. The addition of Adalius Thomas will only improve the defense, giving the New England offense oppurtunity to control the clock. People may give the comparison of a Ronnie Brown like year for him this year, but the Dolphin offense of '06 and the New England offense of '07 shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.

Regardless to say, it is my firm belief that any starting RB for the Patriots is an automatic top 15 back. Maroney is a top 10 no doubter. Just stating my case here.

I pretty much agree with that, I think I have him as me #11 so I'm not too off of what you believe. I do think that he is a value pick especially if people keep ranking him low.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J35J » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:05 pm

1. LT
2. SJax
3. LJ
4. Addai
5. Gore
6. FWP