HOF Game-Saints @ Steelers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

HOF Game-Saints @ Steelers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: HOF Game-Saints @ Steelers

Postby johnny p » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:36 am

as an avid Browns fan, but a realist.... here's my predictions (No coffee needed to wake me up) Browns will manage 6, maybe 7 wins this year, 2 being in the division (haven't won a divisional game in 2 years) better than last year, and I'm putting the Steelers LAST in the division this year..... that's right... LAST. It doesn't even have anything to do with my hatred for the Steelers, I just look at how much they have lost, and I can't imagine them being any good this year.... and let's face it, Bengals will win the division, Ravens #2 those spots aren't up for negotiation, That's the way the division will turn out..... and the Browns and Steelers will fight for third.

my $0.02
johnny p Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: HOF Game-Saints @ Steelers

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:36 pm

johnny p wrote:as an avid Browns fan, but a realist.... here's my predictions (No coffee needed to wake me up) Browns will manage 6, maybe 7 wins this year, 2 being in the division (haven't won a divisional game in 2 years) better than last year, and I'm putting the Steelers LAST in the division this year..... that's right... LAST. It doesn't even have anything to do with my hatred for the Steelers, I just look at how much they have lost, and I can't imagine them being any good this year.... and let's face it, Bengals will win the division, Ravens #2 those spots aren't up for negotiation, That's the way the division will turn out..... and the Browns and Steelers will fight for third.

my $0.02

What exactly have they lost? The only two players I can think that they lost were C Jeff Hartings to retirement and Joey Porter to free agency. Personally, I thought Hartings didn't look that great even at some points last season, and the team will be able to find a servicable player there. As for Joey Porter, Lamar Woodley has looked incredible in camp, and even if he doesn't start, James Harrison was a good player when he filled in last year.

Other than those things, the Steelers have actually gained this offseason. Roethlisberger will be healthy, and I don't see why he wouldn't bounce back to at least some degree. The team is also extremely impressed with free safety Anthony Smith, so he should make a positive impact on the secondary. Santonio Holmes will get better in his second year as well.

I really don't see what the Steelers have "lost" that will prevent them from even doing as well as they did last season. If you remember, they were 8-8 last season in what was considered a down year. I actually do agree with you that the Browns should manage to win 6 or 7 games this year, but the Steelers winning less than that doesn't seem realistic seeing as they went .500 last year even with the problems they had with Roethlisberger. They may not win the division or even make the playoffs, but I will guarantee that they will not come in last in that division and will likely improve on their performance from a year ago.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting