Division problems... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Division problems...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Division problems...

Postby aman74 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:46 pm

dan9124 wrote:We have 12 teams and a 14 week regular season with 3 divisions (as of right now), so we play the people in our division twice and everyone else once.

14 week regular season? How many playoff weeks?
Finally won a league last year.
aman74
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dan9124 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:31 pm

2. Top teams from each division and a wildcard...is that unusual??
dan9124
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby aman74 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:51 pm

Probably not, I guess I was thinking you were going through week 17 as I'm used to a 3 week postseason.
aman74
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dan9124 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:53 am

oh. no, I don't like going until week 17, as there's almost always one or more teams that sit their starters in preparation for playoffs, which can really screw up a fantasy championship game.
dan9124
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Sir Creep » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:39 am

We have 15 teams, 3 divisions of 5 teams. All we do is place them in the reverse order of the final standings from last year....so teams 1-5 (the best five) are in one division, teams 6-10 in the next, teams 11-15 in the last one. And with each div winner guaranteed a playoff spot, this means you are guaranteeing a team that finished 11th-15th a playoff berth, so there is constantly new blood in the playoffs. You are also guaranteeing that at least ONE (and usually 2) of the top 5 teams last year are OUT of this year's playoffs.

My $0.02
Sir Creep
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Peacesells » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:12 am

Sir Creep wrote:We have 15 teams, 3 divisions of 5 teams. All we do is place them in the reverse order of the final standings from last year....so teams 1-5 (the best five) are in one division, teams 6-10 in the next, teams 11-15 in the last one. And with each div winner guaranteed a playoff spot, this means you are guaranteeing a team that finished 11th-15th a playoff berth, so there is constantly new blood in the playoffs. You are also guaranteeing that at least ONE (and usually 2) of the top 5 teams last year are OUT of this year's playoffs.

My $0.02

What an awesome way to penalize good/active owners.
PLEASE RATE MY AUCTION DRAFT. CLICK BELOW.
viewtopic.php?t=340649
Peacesells
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sir Creep » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:54 pm

Huh?

What penalty?
All 15 of our owners are active.
Where do you get this crap?

Do YOU have an actual answer to the guy's question, or just here to bitch? Our league rules are simply the best in the USA, and I'm happy to post the entire lot (have done so on Google NG in fact, a few times). You'll not find anything better. The rules are tight and basically operate to run the organizational function itself.

In any case, post your offal of an answer or keep it zipped. I am here to help the original post.
SC
Sir Creep
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby aman74 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:12 pm

Sir Creep wrote:Huh?

What penalty?

Do YOU have an actual answer to the guy's question, or just here to bitch? Our league rules are simply the best in the USA, and I'm happy to post the entire lot (have done so on Google NG in fact, a few times). You'll not find anything better. The rules are tight and basically operate to run the organizational function itself.

In any case, post your offal of an answer or keep it zipped. I am here to help the original post.
SC

I agree with Peacesells. And what is Google NG and how is you being willing to post your rules somewhere supposed to impress upon us how great they are?

"operate to run the orginizational function"....that's not even coherent. What does "offal" mean?
aman74
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:14 pm

aman74 wrote:What does "offal" mean?

Offal is #2 potty. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:11 pm

Sir Creep wrote:Huh?

What penalty?

SC

No need for that tone whatsoever. Just cuz you don't agree with what he said, doesn't make you right and him wrong. Just two separate approaches.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner