Just got McNabb at 5.09 ... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Just got McNabb at 5.09 ...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just got McNabb at 5.09 ...

Postby moose_ffc » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 pm

I have been mock drafting to hone my skills for 2007. I was picking 9 out of 10 in standard high performance scoring and I got McNabb at 5.09. I have to tell you. I think there is NO WAY I am getting McNabb at 5.09 in a real draft.

SO Do you think McNabb is going to last in your most competative leagues until the end of the 5th round?
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Just got McNabb at 5.09 ...

Postby Metroid » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:43 pm

I'm in a league here at the Cafe with a wise group of fellows and McNabb Just got picked by the guy at the 5 spot at 5.05. I actually was a bit surprised to see him on the board that long.. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby bagobonez » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:49 pm

I took him at 5.02. Pretty happy going into the season, since he puts up gaudy numbers when healthy.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metroid » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:54 pm

bagobonez wrote:I took him at 5.02. Pretty happy going into the season, since he puts up gaudy numbers when healthy.

WERD. I read somewhere that only 6 QBs scored more points fantasy wise than McNabb last year...he only played 10 games! 8-o

I got him in a 14 team league at 4.12. Oh yeah and the league above is a 12 teamer. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:19 pm

I took McNabb at 3.01(6th round equivalent with 3 non-restrictive keepers) in the Syndicate this year. A lot of knowledgable guys around the cafe here are in the league. I was glad to get him there as my #1 QB cause frankly in that position I needed to get someone that would hit me a homerun once in a while. He's been generally going around the 6th QB taken off the board after Manning, Palmer, Brees, Brady, and Bulger. I think people are more confident with them than McNabb and see him as more of a risk, but if he could produce top 3 numbers if healthy all year. Well worth the value.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:31 pm

yeah, people worry about his injuries. I would worry too. he's coming off an ACL tear which could really screw with a QB like McNabb. It messed up palmer bad for a while and he's not nearly as dependent on mobility. Then again, he's still got that division that breeds fantasy points.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:37 pm

I would never take McNabb that high. Maybe I just don't like spending high draft picks on QBs but he's just too risky for me. I'll gladly take my 10th/11th round QBs any day.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:56 pm

McNabb went at 5.06 in a draft I'm doing with a pretty good group of cafe guys...Bulger went a 4.9, Brees at 4.6, Brady at 4.5 and Palmer at 4.4 (12 teams)

In my eyes thats right about where they are of best value (I took Brady). And Antsports ADP for 12-team serious mocks, TE no Flex, pretty much agrees:

ADP
1. Peyton Manning -- 1.12.38
2. Carson Palmer ----3.04.95
3. Tom Brady ------- 3.12.41
4. Drew Brees ------- 4.05.20
5. Marc Bulger ------ 4.10.08
6. Donovan McNabb - 5.03.52
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby wbgrafix » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:21 am

i'd crap my pants if i was able to get 2 running backs, 2 receiver and than mcnabb fell in my lap in the 5th.

i have been keeping up on him in camp and they say he looks like he never even got hurt. plus, he is running around like crazy out there.
wbgrafix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:38 am

It seems like drafts with experienced people have McNabb being the 4th or 5th QB taken, so it makes sense to me that he'll be taken in the 4th or 5th round. Also seems like the right time to take him too, after grabbing at least 2-3 RBs and 1-2 WRs in the first few rounds, especially with his recent injury trend.

Any Eagles homer in your league might take him earlier though, but that happens with any team homer.

:-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk