Help me with my draft strategy...WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Help me with my draft strategy...WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help me with my draft strategy...WHIR

Postby Guru22 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:11 am

Okay, so im in a PPR standard scoring league (.5 ppr) We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DST.
I have the 7th overall pick and I am prolly gonna try and get B.Westbrook, thats not my problem. In the second round I have no idea if I should take a WR or a RB. I have done many mock drafts and the RBs that fall to me in the second round are not the best. Also, they are RBs that tend not to catch the ball. Since im in a PPR league do you all think it would be smart to draft a top end WR in the second round. The only thing I am thinking is that since we only start 2WR it might be too early to draft a WR.

Thanks in advance and leave a link I will respond
Guru22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help me with my draft strategy...WHIR

Postby FantasyMan13 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:49 pm

I'd go RB, WR, WR, RB. I doubt you will get Westy at 7 in this league, though.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Guru22 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:40 am

Thanks, anyone else?
Guru22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:14 am

I think FantasyMan13 has it right...at least for the first two rounds. Those top WR's are going to have the equivalent stats of a top RB with the PPR added in. As far as the 3rd round goes, you may want to go WR again if a high possession guy like Housh or Wayne are still around since they should be more predictable than some of the #2 RB's for this year.

Don't worry...even in non-PPR's people are taking top WR's in the second round. It's not a stretch by any means since there are is so much volatility in the "non-stud" RB area. Many drafters are starting a more "sure fire" drafting approach by taking WR's they are 95% confident will perform at a high level in the second round.

I still feel it's easier to find a servicable WR on the wire than it is to find a RB, so if there's an RB you really like that's around in round 3, I wouldn't hesitate to pick him up. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:31 am

I wouldn't set in stone any position, RB or WR, for my second pick. You should nail a Addai, Bush, Parker of even Westy at 7. Then think hard about taking a WR next, but if a stud RB falls or if Manning falls you may have to consider them and go WR heavy the next couple rounds.
If you wish to go RB/WR/WR/RB, target the RB(s) you want in rnd 4. Keep an eye on how many RBs are falling up to pick 3. Don't get caught in a RB run and not land a solid #2.
GL

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Return to Football Talk