Top 10 RB LOCK! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 10 RB LOCK!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Top 10 RB LOCK!

Postby Decleater » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:00 pm

Now, don't wanna ruffle some feathers here, but I'm sure I will. ;-D So, I'm just givin my 2 cents to this year's overall top 10 at end of season projection(7 Aug 07). Mind you, of course, it's standard performance league....so please, all you piss ants with your PPR crap, let it go! LOL! And, of course, these are totally based off my own conservative "odds" and "logic". :-)

1. S. Jackson- He's been due, so pissed Denver passed him up for DJ Williams to this day! LOL! Dude's gonna go off! I see him getting 1,400 yards and 17 TD's ground, and 78 rec, 520 and 6 TD's around the goal. Just check the stats over the last few years. No RB has been able to be able to keep the "throne" for that long! Sorry LT owners.
2. LT- Still a true warrior, but his numbers will slip ALOT from last season. Give him 15 rushing TD's with 1,380 on the ground and another 58 yards rc and 420 yds for 4 TD's.
.....So, yes, we could say we have our 1A and 1B here....
3. Gore- The dude's a stud in an up and coming offense. Yeah, he's got a broke hand, but still....not gonna matter when the season starts! He'll be good to go for 1,290 12 TD's ground, and 61 rec 300 yds and 3 TD's. (Still able to produce 20+ TDs in that division)
4. Addai- Yep, he's gonna go right here at year's end! He's on a top offense and has got the skills to make it happen in that offense....reminiscent of EDGE back in his hayday. So, with that, I'll say 1,600 on ground for 13 TD's and 65 rec 380 and 2 TD's. Hmmmm, bump up????
5. Bush- Don't fear the "softmore slump" peeps! Everyone held their breath last season that he couldn't compete based on his size....WTF were they thinking???? Well, we already know what he's capable of, and if you don't think he'll do more, you're missin out brah. See him going for 1,090 on ground for 9 TD's and 85 rec for 580 yds and 5 TD's. Sure, Deuce will get his, but his chances will diminish for sure!
6. MOJO- Sorry, but the man's got mega skills! He can catch, can run, can do your laundry! Don't think the boy's gonna slip in production this season! I mean, he did have a nice rookie campaign, but he won't be limited in the AFC's top 5 running offense. I see 980 on ground for 11 TD's and 59 rec for 4 TD's.
7. Westbrook- Yep, he's still goin strong for all y'all that can handle it. He's usually a game day decision, which aint good, but usually plays. All depends on the health of McNabbule....but really, it doesn't. I see Westy gettin 1,090 on ground for 9 TD's and 71 rec and 310 yds for 2 TD's.
8. Henry- In a totally perfect situation and is a "work-horse"! That's exactly what Shanny's been waiting for since the departure of "Clitoris Portis". LMOA! I do digress....for those that think Shannahan hates fantasy football, you haven't a clue in life. He don't give one Shanny-RAT-ASS about it! He will go with the back that's gonna tow the line and that's that! Henry's the MAN!
9. RUDI- Dude's sollid! Has made the top 10 in the last 3 years, but may slip....My projection is 1,200 on ground for 11 TD and 24 rec for 80.
10. FWP- Has some great skills as a runner and should get some more passing opportunities as a runner. New offense has me a bit spooked, but what the heck? Still give the guy 1,250 on ground for 9 TD and 68 rec for 310 and 2 TD.
;-D
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Top 10 RB LOCK!

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:11 pm

Interesting. No Shaun and no LJ. Eh, to each their own. B-)
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Decleater » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:28 pm

Yep, neither will make the TOP 10. Just my opinion based on stats of Full Load RB's, Age, and situation. LJ won't even sniff the TOP 10 in any way. Not this year or in the future for sure. Zander does have a top 15 opportunity, but that's about it. Gotta give him props though....was a stud, when he was a stud. Those days are long gone though.
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby petedog9 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:36 pm

I feel its my obligation to warn you that...............

Crack kills. X-I
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:37 pm

One thing I noticed with your projections is that you're giving all of the player ridiculously low yards per catch averages in receptions. Rudi has 24 receptions for 80 yards? FWP has 68 receptions for 310 yards? You need to either lower the reception totals or raise the yardage totals (you could do either depending on the back, but I would favor more on lowering reception totals).
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:12 am

Decleater wrote:Yep, neither will make the TOP 10. Just my opinion based on stats of Full Load RB's, Age, and situation. LJ won't even sniff the TOP 10 in any way. Not this year or in the future for sure. Zander does have a top 15 opportunity, but that's about it. Gotta give him props though....was a stud, when he was a stud. Those days are long gone though.

I agree with you here (so many backs that are projected top 10 each year dont come close to the projections, so why do we continue to project backs with the odds against them to put up these crazy numbers?)...but saying a broken hand wont matter to a back who has had some fumbling issue (right?) idk it scares me. Does he slide down my rankings any? No. But its not just something to brush to the side.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:23 am

Okay, time to put your jacket back on and go back to your room!

;-) :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby maddog60 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:54 am

Personally I like these. I dont agree with all the picks, but I have no problem excluding LJ and Alexander, there are valid reasons to suspect that.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:29 am

I agree with Maddog. I like these predictions. You didnt follow "the book" which can be a good thing in making predictions ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chidoy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:07 am

maddog60 wrote:Personally I like these. I dont agree with all the picks, but I have no problem excluding LJ and Alexander, there are valid reasons to suspect that.

True dat. I'd keep SA in top ten but as far as LJ... read my statement regarding LJ from a different topic in the Player Updates/Injury forum.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=333278
There have been discussions on other sites regarding his recent slide.
I mean let's look at the case.

History is not on his side with the 400+ carries... (you've read the articles),

O-line issues. Who's gonna block?

QB's. Huard/Croyle? I think Huard is ok but I bet defenses are daring him to beat them.

WR's. No supporting cast. Outside of Gonzo... Samie Parker , Jeff Webb , Maurice Price , Ean Randolph , Titus Ryan , Dwayne Bowe (from kc's site) uh..... WHO r these guys?

All defenses has to do is stack the line and hope that the dynamic duo of Parker/Bowe doesn't beat them. :-o

Plus, he's still holding out, and by the looks of it, aren't even remotely close to a deal.
Even if he were to sign, do you think he'll perform to his elite top 3 RB status? I say not even close. I personally wouldn't take him til late 1.
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk