Javon Walker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Javon Walker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Javon Walker

Postby moonhead » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:14 am

Stelly wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:
moonhead wrote:hmm. no one thinks that the running game will open up the passing game? :-?
javon will get open. javon will get his. i don't see how the situation this year is any different than it was last year in the second half of the season. i'll take him. go ahead and pass on him.

No one is saying that he'll ignore Javon on draft day. At least no one has said that yet. :-b

Javon Walker's last 8 games last season:

30 rec., 415 yds, 3 TDs.

Expecting more of the same of that isn't real exciting for a guy getting drafted as high as he is.

I'm not going to completely ignore J. Walker, I just think there are better options around the same spot in the draft. I would not want him as my WR1 (which is what he is being drafted as), but would DEFINITELY take him as my 2nd WR.

Lots of people think he has top 5 potential, and I just don't see it at all. In a different offense wiht a more experienced QB, I agree, but not in Denver with Cutler being so young and inexperienced.

i hear ya. i have javon on several teams. and do not have him as my #1 on any team. he's even the 3rd wr i've taken in at least one league. so i'll say i'm happy with javon as a #2 or #3. i expect some chemistry from cutler to develop with javon as he returns to his old form. i see him as a solid top flight wr2 with massive upside.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby eagles21 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:43 am

Yeah, Walker scares me a little too. He was doing great with Plummer at QB, when when Cutler came in, he didn't do much at all. And it wasn't like Cutler was playing like crap. Cutler threw 9 TD's, and only 2 of which were to Walker.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:38 pm

moonhead wrote:i hear ya. i have javon on several teams. and do not have him as my #1 on any team. he's even the 3rd wr i've taken in at least one league. so i'll say i'm happy with javon as a #2 or #3. i expect some chemistry from cutler to develop with javon as he returns to his old form. i see him as a solid top flight wr2 with massive upside.

Yep. I think this is the Book on Walker this year.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:42 pm

Not to mention the Broncos' schedule against the pass this year is a bitch.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby northcuttfan » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:59 pm

better jay cutler better run game and more chemsitry will come with cutler and walker as the season prgresses.. and all number 1 wideouts get doubled anyways unless u have a team mate of tj or wayne..
northcuttfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:16 pm

knapplc wrote:
moonhead wrote:i hear ya. i have javon on several teams. and do not have him as my #1 on any team. he's even the 3rd wr i've taken in at least one league. so i'll say i'm happy with javon as a #2 or #3. i expect some chemistry from cutler to develop with javon as he returns to his old form. i see him as a solid top flight wr2 with massive upside.

The problem is he's being drafted way earlier, like WR 12 or WR 8 even. Ahead of guys like Donald Driver and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. I'll take him any day as my WR2, but that's tough to come by really unless you burn a 4th rounder on him.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Timbathia » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:59 pm

WTF is wrong with you people????????????? Are you all so hung up on FFL stats that you forget to actually watch football at any stage?????????????

How on earth can you look at Walkers stats from last year and use them to predict anything this year?

Jake Plummer was shite last year. Pure and simple. It was one of the most inept displays by a veteran NFL QB that I have ever seen. Cutler took over and was forced to run an OFFENSE BUILT FOR JAKE PLUMMER. How similar do you actually think Jay Cutler is to Jake Plummer? Well if you dont know, then the answer is not at all. Jay plays from the pocket, he has a strong arm and the pocket is where he will be this year. Jake Plummer sucks from the pocket, he needs to be boot-legging to his left with his eyes closed before he is even a chance of hitting a receiver. Every time Denver have lost in the Plummer-era is pretty much every time the opposing defense found a way to keep Plummer in the pocket.

Denver's offense will not look like the offense they had last year. Javon Walker is the most talented receiver on the Broncos roster by such a long way that it is not even funny. If you were a QB with 5 NFL games experience under your belt who do you think you would be practicing throwing too right now in camp? Who do you think would be the guy to haul in your passes once the season started? Gimpy veterans, an injury prone kid, or one of the most physically gifted receivers in the game? Travis Henry, Daniel Graham and a solid o-line gives Cutler time to throw the ball, and I am pretty sure that Shanny and Jay will be working on lots of different ways to get the ball into Walker, his best playmaker, hands.

Knock Walker down your rankings if you will, but please dont do it because Jay Cutler showed a preference for Scheffler and Marshall last year. That would be obscenely stupid IMO.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby sublimeandy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:01 pm

i'm a believer. i would love to haven javon as my #1 wr (i have him ranked 7th among wr's). i think that with more consitent qb play we can expect a lot more than what we got from javon last year.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moose_ffc » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:36 pm

Stelly wrote:I feel like the only person in the fantasy football world who does not have a man-crush on Javon Walker this season.

I understand that he is an extremely talented WR, but I see him in a very run heavy offense with a very young QB, and that scares me. I'm more inclined to pick a Roy Williams or even Housh or L. Evans over Walker.

Am I totally crazy?? What am I missing?

Bummer!
I was just jumping in to say I am drinking the Javon Kool-Aid "OH, YEAAHH!"Image
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Stelly » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:54 am

skibrett15 wrote:
knapplc wrote:

The problem is he's being drafted way earlier, like WR 12 or WR 8 even. Ahead of guys like Donald Driver and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. I'll take him any day as my WR2, but that's tough to come by really unless you burn a 4th rounder on him.

Exactly! I'd love him as a WR2 on my team, but I'm not going to make him the 8th or 9th WR off the board either, which is where he's getting picked in a lot of leagues right now.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)