All-Madden Difficulty - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

All-Madden Difficulty

Moderator: Football Moderators

All-Madden Difficulty

Postby bagobonez » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:18 pm

Is it just me, or is All-Madden difficulty too hard? It's like it makes the computer just insanely lucky. Your guys drop passes and interceptions that are right in their hands, yet their guys leap like superman and catch everything.

The other day I was down by 4, it was inside 1:00 left in the game, and I'm on the 5 yard line, about to get the go-ahead TD. I run with Tomlinson, and lo and behold, he fumbles. Nice convenient timing. And of course none of my guys can recover that fumble, it naturally has to be the defense.

Every game is a struggle even if your team is stacked, and mine was, every starter on my team was a 90 overall rating or better.

I mean, if their team is better, fine, but when my team is clearly more talented, how is it that their guys always whip my guys one on one? And why is it that the most inconvenient turnovers happen? Why is it that if your opponent is losing and it's late in the game and you're trying to hang in for the win, an offense consisting of Kyle Boller at QB and complete no namers at WR can completely and methodically dismantle a defense full of stars?

It pisses me off.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: All-Madden Difficulty

Postby fantasybeast27 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:48 pm

bagobonez wrote:Is it just me, or is All-Madden difficulty too hard? It's like it makes the computer just insanely lucky. Your guys drop passes and interceptions that are right in their hands, yet their guys leap like superman and catch everything.

The other day I was down by 4, it was inside 1:00 left in the game, and I'm on the 5 yard line, about to get the go-ahead TD. I run with Tomlinson, and lo and behold, he fumbles. Nice convenient timing. And of course none of my guys can recover that fumble, it naturally has to be the defense.

Every game is a struggle even if your team is stacked, and mine was, every starter on my team was a 90 overall rating or better.

I mean, if their team is better, fine, but when my team is clearly more talented, how is it that their guys always whip my guys one on one? And why is it that the most inconvenient turnovers happen? Why is it that if your opponent is losing and it's late in the game and you're trying to hang in for the win, an offense consisting of Kyle Boller at QB and complete no namers at WR can completely and methodically dismantle a defense full of stars?

It pisses me off.

Well All-Madden is the hardest diffulcuty level, and while at times it is hard I dont think it is too bad. I dont know just my opinion.
fantasybeast27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guru13 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:40 pm

fantasybeast27 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:Is it just me, or is All-Madden difficulty too hard? It's like it makes the computer just insanely lucky. Your guys drop passes and interceptions that are right in their hands, yet their guys leap like superman and catch everything.

It pisses me off.

Well All-Madden is the hardest diffulcuty level, and while at times it is hard I dont think it is too bad. I dont know just my opinion.

I'll second that, it's crazy hard, but I kinda like it that way.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:22 pm

It pisses me off.

This has really been bugging me about football games lately.

I can play two games online against two different people using the same team. One guy I can beat 40-0, and the other can beat me 40-0. They both have the same players, they both jump the same height, and run at the same speed. So why is it that no one has ever even tried to raise difficulty in this manner? Why is the only way they can think of to raise the difficulty by making their guys jump 40 feet in the air, and make their 74ovr DT barrell over my 95ovr pro bowl guard on every play, and make their 86 speed safety faster than my 97 speed WR?

I understand it wouldn't be easy, but with the amount these games change year to year you'd think they'd have time. I guess as long as the games are selling at record paces there's no reason to worry about it..
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:34 pm

In the Official Madden thread I pointed out how hard -All Pro- difficulty is for me.. hell I'd get murdered on All Madden. Also left a mini review.
*I created this sig!
CrashOverrid3
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Video Games