When to draft an IDP? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

When to draft an IDP?

Moderator: Football Moderators

When to draft an IDP?

Postby bond street » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:40 pm

I've been in many fantasy leagues over the years, but this is the first in which a league I am in has added one IDP along with 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 WR/TE Flex, 1 PK, 1 Team DEF

My question is when is a good time to draft my defensive player? There are only 12 people in the league. I've looked at the Cafe's rankings for IDP's, but I just don't know when to pull the trigger on a top rated IDP.

Thanks for the help.
bond street
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: When to draft an IDP?

Postby smokerfolife » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:08 pm

NO HURRY!... let all the idiots draft their top or favorite d players early (which happens every year in my league) while u suck up QUALITY bench and possible starters. DON't even think about defense till the last few rounds right before your kicker. the top players points are not much greater and TOP IDPS can be found weekly on your waiver wire...GOOD LUCK!... get play makers and tacklers !
smokerfolife
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: When to draft an IDP?

Postby BigLarge » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:00 pm

There are probably 30 top tier IDP players. Look at the scoring system and figure out who's most valuable. Taylor (MIA), Urlacher, Adrian Wilson are the glam picks, but there are some really solid performers well below the radar. A few late round guys once all the well-knowns are gone would be: Defensive Line: Will Smith (NO), Tamba Hali (KC), and Trant Cole (PHIL) Linebackers: AJ Hawk (GB), Demarcus Ware (DALL), London Fletcher (WASH) Defensive Backs: Sean Jones (CLEV), Charles Tillman (CHI), and Antoine Winfield (MIN). All of those players are productive and far enough out of the general populaton's knowledge that you can wait a long time, get tremendous depth and value at other positions, and get a solid, if unknown, defense.
BigLarge
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Beginner's Forum