QB/WR combo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

QB/WR combo

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: QB/WR combo

Postby Motown Blues » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:12 pm

You wanna know about how good an idea it is to have, say, Marc Bulger and Torry Holt starting each week. Holt catches a pass, double points. He catches a td, instant 12 (throw S. Jackson in there, and you'd be unbeatable). Not a bad idea, and it has worked for me before. I wouldn't design an entire draft around it. If it falls in your lap, go for it. Just keep in ming that if the Rams, or the Colts, or the Bengals, or whomever you've based this on get shutout, then it's a good bet you've lost your matchup that week. You never want to hand a week away (especially if you are playing for $$).

As far as coming out of three rounds with 1 RB: If he's a workhorse and you have a top QB/top WR or two great WR's to go with him, it is not as bad as it looks (especially in ppr leagues). It's a RBBC NFL nowadays, and few RB's make it a whole season. There'll be other, solid RB's in rounds 4 and 5 anyway.
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: QB/WR combo

Postby aman74 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:16 pm

dream_017 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
CDMWFS wrote:If all tds are 6 points then you should consider Manning at 5. Four top RBs will be gone and Manning always produces. You could get a RB next round and a receiver in the 3rd.

I wouldn't wanna come out of the first 3 rounds with only 1 RB, especially in a 12 team league!

Plus P Manning is not a 1st round pick....let alone a top 5 pick 8-o

Link to a pretty good thread discussing QB/WR or QB/RB combos.

He could be if you get 6 for a TD and .1 per yard.
Finally won a league last year.
aman74
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Beginner's Forum