Portis value question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Portis value question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Portis value question

Postby Ousmagic » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:21 pm

I'm in a 10 team non ppr league and i have the 5th pick. First round I'm looking at either gore or addai but in 2nd round at the 16th overall pick i was thinking about maybe portis as i think he'll stay healthy most of the year and be very good. Most ADP's ive seen though have him being taken around 3.5 or the 25th pick. So would it be a bad pick to take portis in 2nd round since im almost positive he wont make it to my 3rd round pick? or should i just take top wr or mcgahee or ronnie brown
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Portis value question

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:40 pm

Ousmagic wrote:I'm in a 10 team non ppr league and i have the 5th pick. First round I'm looking at either gore or addai but in 2nd round at the 16th overall pick i was thinking about maybe portis as i think he'll stay healthy most of the year and be very good. Most ADP's ive seen though have him being taken around 3.5 or the 25th pick. So would it be a bad pick to take portis in 2nd round since im almost positive he wont make it to my 3rd round pick? or should i just take top wr or mcgahee or ronnie brown

At that point you will have about 6 backs to choose from Portis being 1. The other 5 will likely be Mcgahee, MJD, RBrown, Henry, and Edge. Remember a few of these guys will be gone. Bottom line...if you like him then grab himat that spot. I personally don't like him because of Betts and injury concerns. He simply won't carry a full load and seems to get hurt every year.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Ousmagic » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:41 pm

ya i like him this year but i dont want to reach for him, just trying to figure out if this is a reach or not
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:57 pm

Where are you seeing his ADP at 25? He seems to be a late 1st round pick in most 12 teamers I've seen with guys I trust.

I would take him well above any of those guys mentioned above.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:00 am

when healthy, like you expect, he's easy top 10 with skills to put him in the top 5 even with Betts taking 40% of the carries. It's been documented pretty well here at the cafe. If he's there at that spot, I'd take him easily as your #2 because you could easily have 2 #1's ;D
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Weasel_King » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:02 am

In a draft earlier today, I got Portis at #21, which I thought was a steal. If he's there at 15 I'd take him, just make sure you grab Betts in a later round.
Weasel_King
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby Ousmagic » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:03 am

on antsports for a 10 team league hes listed as around 3.5 and also on fantasy football calculator adp for 10 team leagues hes listed around 3.5
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guru13 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:13 am

if Travis Henry, Ronnie Brown or Willis Mcgahee are there (although I'm not so sure they will be), you have to take them, and in that order, also, I would take Edge this year before I took Portis, too Injury prone and too much competition with Betts.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Ousmagic » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:19 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:if Travis Henry, Ronnie Brown or Willis Mcgahee are there (although I'm not so sure they will be), you have to take them, and in that order, also, I would take Edge this year before I took Portis, too Injury prone and too much competition with Betts.

if henry, maroney, or bush are there im gonna take that guy for sure but after theyre gone i have portis and ronnie brown ranked next and i like both of them, willis im not a big fan of
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:20 am

Ousmagic wrote:on antsports for a 10 team league hes listed as around 3.5 and also on fantasy football calculator adp for 10 team leagues hes listed around 3.5

I think his ceiling is a lot higher than the 3 mentioned above, Henry could be debatable, but I would for sure take him over Brown, McGahee, and Edge because of what he can produce when healthy.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Next

Return to Football Talk