New Scoring system thrown at me ??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New Scoring system thrown at me ???

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Scoring system thrown at me ???

Postby LukeHodge15 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:38 pm

QB, WR, WR, FLEX WR/RB, RB, RB, TE, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (4)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (0.5)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)

Anything i should be aware of in this scoring system, realitively new to this game ...... My 2nd year playing after taking out the superbowl last year with some very handy advice from u guys on here. This year has been stepped up a notch with some of the guys in my league this absolute freaks of NFL fantasy with 15 years experience under there belt. I know im up against it but hey my competitive nutcase drive will be seeing me fighting to the end.

Last years scoring system was 6 point passing TD's and a few more differences thrown at me this year.

Cheers Peoples. ;-D
LukeHodge15
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: New Scoring system thrown at me ???

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:50 pm

The point per 25 yds passing is better than the normal 30 yds but the TD down at 4 points will effect the value of the qb's.

I'd play this much like last year but devalue the qb's slightly.

What are the other changes?
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby LukeHodge15 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:47 am

TD Pass 6
Every 25 passing yards 1
2pt Passing Conversion 2
Interceptions Thrown -2
TD Reception 6
2pt Receiving Conversion 2
Every 10 receiving yards 1
TD Rush 6
2pt Rushing Conversion 2
Every 10 rushing yards 1

Last years settings.

I suppose what im asking is there anything i should be made aware of with these new settings ???

QB, WR, WR, FLEX WR/RB, RB, RB, TE, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (4)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (0.5)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)

Last year was an 8 team league which meant i had GUNS everywhere , now this being a 10 man league the challenge has been lifted again.
QB has been devalued a little bit meaning i will wait till the 4th round minimum to take one. More than likely 5-6-7 round
Im still a fan of the RB-RB-RB theroy after what i have learned so far in this game.
Being a student of this game, i just wanna learn and learn fast :-)
LukeHodge15
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby m16a » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:29 am

Why did they make this league biased against QBs? :-? 4 pts a TD? :-? Anyway, with pretty standard scoring, you should just realize you also have PPR(points per reception) this will boost the value of your WRs and TEs a bit and give good boosts to catching RBs. Just a few RBs that receive some upgrade in PPR.

-Brian Westbrook(he gets a huge boost from PPR)
-Reggie Bush(Bush is just a shifty receiver playing RB, so he's good in a ppr)
-Steven Jackson(Gets passed to a lot, will be boosted in a ppr league)
-LT(he doesn't need a boost because he does finecough cough understatement cough cough without it, but with ppr, his already great fantasy value goes up more, but he will still be number 1 either way)
-Fast Willie Parker(he is a decent receiver and will get a decent upgrade from ppr)
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:53 am

I have no problem with QB's only getting 4 points per passing TD...only thing it does is make the running QB's a little more valuable but not much (McNabb and Vince Young for instance would get a boost on your QB teirs). It also means that QB's can't carry your team as much if they have big days, so overall they are not as valuable as some of the RB's and WR's. The other problem is since you're playing in a RB/WR flex league, you will probably have to draft RB's earlier on depending on what other people do.

With the 0.5 PPR your pass-catching RB's will be better picks earlier on, so Westbrook, Bush, and guys like Lynch who they think will be split out on occassion will be slightly bumped up, but don't pass on a yardage and TD scoring machine to get them. Also possession receivers like Driver, Ward, Housh, Coles, and Wayne will be closer to the top teir, but as far as deciding who to take...it's only going to be about 8-10 more total points for the year. You just have to go with who you feel the better player is and who will do the best. Same goes with the TE's, but most of the good ones catch the most passes anyway.

The best thing to do if you really want to see if there's a huge difference is to plug your settings into an expected points calculator and see what comes up. I don't know if there are any free ones around; maybe someone else can help you with that. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LukeHodge15 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:02 pm

m16a wrote:Why did they make this league biased against QBs? :-? 4 pts a TD? :-? Anyway, with pretty standard scoring, you should just realize you also have PPR(points per reception) this will boost the value of your WRs and TEs a bit and give good boosts to catching RBs. Just a few RBs that receive some upgrade in PPR.

-Brian Westbrook(he gets a huge boost from PPR)
-Reggie Bush(Bush is just a shifty receiver playing RB, so he's good in a ppr)
-Steven Jackson(Gets passed to a lot, will be boosted in a ppr league)
-LT(he doesn't need a boost because he does finecough cough understatement cough cough without it, but with ppr, his already great fantasy value goes up more, but he will still be number 1 either way)
-Fast Willie Parker(he is a decent receiver and will get a decent upgrade from ppr)

And thus the reason why i post my question in this forum,
Cheers Mate ;-D ;-D ;-D
LukeHodge15
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LukeHodge15 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:13 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:I have no problem with QB's only getting 4 points per passing TD...only thing it does is make the running QB's a little more valuable but not much (McNabb and Vince Young for instance would get a boost on your QB teirs). It also means that QB's can't carry your team as much if they have big days, so overall they are not as valuable as some of the RB's and WR's. The other problem is since you're playing in a RB/WR flex league, you will probably have to draft RB's earlier on depending on what other people do.

With the 0.5 PPR your pass-catching RB's will be better picks earlier on, so Westbrook, Bush, and guys like Lynch who they think will be split out on occassion will be slightly bumped up, but don't pass on a yardage and TD scoring machine to get them. Also possession receivers like Driver, Ward, Housh, Coles, and Wayne will be closer to the top teir, but as far as deciding who to take...it's only going to be about 8-10 more total points for the year. You just have to go with who you feel the better player is and who will do the best. Same goes with the TE's, but most of the good ones catch the most passes anyway.

The best thing to do if you really want to see if there's a huge difference is to plug your settings into an expected points calculator and see what comes up. I don't know if there are any free ones around; maybe someone else can help you with that. ;-D

Last year traded

Culpepper and Ward
Westbrook and Old Man from "NO-Saints" - WR (Having a mind blank at the minute)

So although Westbrook is always questionable and maybe and sorta injuryed and maybe injured, that trade was one of the reasons i ended up winning last year. So u could say im sorta a huge fan of Westbrook after his season last year. I must stress that this is only my 2nd year, so still very much a newbie even though i have been watching NFL from Australia for close to 20 odd years.

Those last 2 posts is exactly what im looking for , CHEERS ;-D ;-D

Edit :Joe Horn
LukeHodge15
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk