What Round Should I wait to pick up these Guys??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

What Round Should I wait to pick up these Guys???

Moderator: Football Moderators

What Round Should I wait to pick up these Guys???

Postby Google Boob » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:47 am

This is my first ever FF Tournament, So I'm still real green on everything, But I think this place has tought me alot so far.......What Rounds do you think I should Pick Up these players, I'm really high On these guys, and would like to have them on my team.

Brandon Jacobs- RB- The 2nd round.....Is this too early to try and pick him Up???, should I try one of my other picks first, and maybe wait to pick him up in the 3rd or 4th.....I think he is a very Solid 2nd Back, how does everyone else feel about him?

M. Colston - WR- maybe the 3rd round .....I'm not sure if Colston or TJ Hous will go First????

TJ Housman...-WR- The 4th round

Devery Henderson-WR- I was thinking In the 11th round

Big Ben- maybe the 12th round

What Round will Marvin harrison go??

I would like to have Marvin harrison, Colston, and Tj Hous at Wr, but I don't know if that would be possible???

Any Input Is Much Appreciated, Thanks
Google Boob
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: What Round Should I wait to pick up these Guys???

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:35 am

Google Boob wrote:This is my first ever FF Tournament, So I'm still real green on everything, But I think this place has tought me alot so far.......What Rounds do you think I should Pick Up these players, I'm really high On these guys, and would like to have them on my team.

Brandon Jacobs- RB- The 2nd round.....Is this too early to try and pick him Up???, should I try one of my other picks first, and maybe wait to pick him up in the 3rd or 4th.....I think he is a very Solid 2nd Back, how does everyone else feel about him?

M. Colston - WR- maybe the 3rd round .....I'm not sure if Colston or TJ Hous will go First????

TJ Housman...-WR- The 4th round

Devery Henderson-WR- I was thinking In the 11th round

Big Ben- maybe the 12th round

What Round will Marvin harrison go??

I would like to have Marvin harrison, Colston, and Tj Hous at Wr, but I don't know if that would be possible???

Any Input Is Much Appreciated, Thanks

First off i guess it depends on how many teams you have, but i'll break it down if you have a standard 10 or 12 team league.

Brandon Jacobs- 2nd round is too early for this guy. He can be had in the 3rd or possible 4th round due to a lot of WRs coming off the board in later round 2 and round 3.

M. Colston - 3rd or 4th round is typicially where this guy is going. Personally, i'd take Housh over him anyday but thats just me.

Devery Henderson - He really doesnt have a round for when he is going. I've seen him go undrafted in many leagues actually. Wait on him till the later rounds though if you are targetting him as your flyer/5th wr

Big Ben - He is an intriguing option. He's been going later on in drafts after picks like Losman, Favre, and Leinart. He's typing around the 13-16th QB taken

What Round will Marvin harrison go?? Taken mostly in the 2nd round or early 3rd

I would like to have Marvin harrison, Colston, and Tj Hous at Wr, but I don't know if that would be possible??? You might be able to get 2 out of the 3 if you go WR/WR in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Getting all three is highly unlikely unless they fall for some reason

Hope this helps ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:24 am

I agree with everything just said.

I'll also add that you should never "fall in love" with any particular player. It will cause you to focus more on that guy and worry that you won't get him and then take him earlier than you should.

There is nothing wrong with targeting certain players that you think will outperform expectations. Just determine in advance the point at which you think they become undervalued and don't even think about them until then.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Google Boob » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:32 pm

Its a ten Team league.....So I will try and get Bradon Jacobs In the 4th round, but we have a giants fan freak in this draft, and he probly will take him earlier, and get marvin harrison in the second with TJ hous in the 3rd........I would like to get LT or S.Jax in the 1st round, but I like Shaun Alexandria at anything 3 or Under.......I like mcnabb at Qb because i could probly get him in the 5th or 6th round, and he is good for the top 3 Qb if he stays heathy for Once.

I wanted Colston so i could have a Saints player to root For, but I'll try for Eric Jonhson TE in the 12th Round, Think he has a big year with Brees Under Center, because bress loves pass cathing Te, as seen with Gates in san diego.

Does everyone Agree with Brandon Jacobs as a 2nd Back???.....I think he is a beast, and could have a break out year.

I'll try for Ben and henderson in the 10th and 11th....think we see the Ben of old, and not the ben from last year, so i think he is a solid back up.....and I see henderson getting 6 tds at least this year, so I think he's good at the 4th Wrs maybe 3rd.

Nice Tips, Thank ya'll for all ya'll help
;-D

Mod edit. Language.
Google Boob
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:38 pm

Word of warning - ya need to clean up the language if ya plan on stickin' around here - cussin' ain't allowed!!!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Google Boob » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:42 pm

Sorry, i didn't even notice I had cursed, and didn't know it wasn't allowed.....Won't happen again. ;-D
Google Boob
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Google Boob » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:43 pm

Do they have the rules some where on here?
Google Boob
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BigLarge » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:11 pm

Battlecreek Dragon wrote:I agree with everything just said.

I'll also add that you should never "fall in love" with any particular player. It will cause you to focus more on that guy and worry that you won't get him and then take him earlier than you should.

There is nothing wrong with targeting certain players that you think will outperform expectations. Just determine in advance the point at which you think they become undervalued and don't even think about them until then.

Veterans will always tell you that you should draft based on value and never reach for a player. That's all good and fine, but occasionally you need to reach a bit for a player you believe is on the cusp. Personally, I like Brandon Jacobs' potential, but I'm not sure if I'd venture a second round pick on him at this point. The G-men seem a little down this year, and the line took a hit with Pettigout leaving for TB. I think there are some other guys that are a bit under the radar that may prove more valuable. Travis Henr'y situation in Denver looks like a match made in heaven and he can definitely be had in the late second round of most drafts. Deuce McCallister is still a very solid running back and will be even better this year in terms of overall production despite the presence of Reggie Bush. Ronnie Brown of Miami has the skill set to be phenomenal. His coach just finished helping LT become a fantasy god and Brown has no discernible competition to take carries away. Jacobs will yield some work to Reuben Droughns and that makes me hesistate just a bit.
BigLarge
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Google Boob » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:28 pm

I would love Travis henry or ronnie brown as a #2 back, But I expect for those two players to go first round, they should if they don't, but if they fall to me, I will defintly take either one of those two as a #2 back.

I am worried about McAlister, because I think N.O. will try to give bush a few more Carries, and even more as the season goes on, Just a feeling....Does most think they will get equal action??

I think Brandon Jacobs will get most of the carries, and almost all the carries on the Goal line.

Would you draft Mcalister before Brandon Jacobs??
Last edited by Google Boob on Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Google Boob
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Google Boob » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:32 pm

Maybe I'll wait and try to snag B.Jacobs as a third RB in the 5th, if I can, and then see how he does if I want to start him as a #2
Google Boob
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Beginner's Forum