Should I quit my league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Should I quit my league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I quit my league?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:49 am

This is not a cafe league, as a heads up. But anyway, the commisioner asked everyone days they could not do the draft, as he has done every year, to make sure everyone can make it. However, he noticed that I have been his biggest threat to winning the league the last couple years, so rather than making the draft when everyone can make it, which is possible, he intentiionally made it the specific day when I cannot be there. It is almost impossible to win a league without being at the draft, even with pre rankings. I've talked to him about it and he won't give a reason for making it that day rather than a day when everyone can do it, and whenever I ask him about it, he simply says "It's not changing."

What should I do? Is it worth quitting the league?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I quit my league?

Postby mikus » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:51 am

If the guy cannot give you a reason for the decision, then I say get out. That is ridiculous.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:56 am

Turns out now that someone else in the league also can't do the draft on the day that it is, so we'll see what happens.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:58 am

Draft day schedule...

Always a difficult thing to do, because it seems that it never works for everyone. I used to work Saturdays and have had to draft over the phone. Is it possible to have one of the guys call you when you're up, give you the picks taken and draft like that? I'm hosting a draft where we simply had to make a decision as to who could be there and who couldn't. Sorta sucks for that guy, but what do you do?
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:07 am

Nfl Fan wrote:Draft day schedule...

Always a difficult thing to do, because it seems that it never works for everyone. I used to work Saturdays and have had to draft over the phone. Is it possible to have one of the guys call you when you're up, give you the picks taken and draft like that? I'm hosting a draft where we simply had to make a decision as to who could be there and who couldn't. Sorta sucks for that guy, but what do you do?

He is saying that there is a day when everyone can be there and the Commish won't do that day though, sounds pretty crappy to me
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:19 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:Draft day schedule...

He is saying that there is a day when everyone can be there and the Commish won't do that day though, sounds pretty crappy to me

Well then that blows. :-t
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:22 am

Furtunatly 3 other people from my league couldn't do that day either, so he had no option but to change it for fear of losing a third of the league, and there is no other day where I can't work around it. Thanks for the input guys ;-D

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:10 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Turns out now that someone else in the league also can't do the draft on the day that it is, so we'll see what happens.

Yeah I was going to tell you to do some politicing to get some more peeps to change, because that my friend, is ridiculous.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 011472 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:59 pm

I'm glad it worked out well. It's always better to find a solution than quit a league you've been in for a few years.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:42 pm

Even though it ended up working out, I'd seriously think about quitting the league anyways. If there were days where everyone could attend the draft, there is absolutely no reason at all to schedule it on a day somebody cannot be there for whatever reason. The fact that he would not give you a specific reason as to why he put it on a certain day when there was better days available makes it all the more fishy. It might not be the reason you are suspecting, but there has to be some kind of reason. :-t
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk