T. Jones, Benson or Jacobs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T. Jones, Benson or Jacobs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: T. Jones, Benson or Jacobs

Postby Chuck Norrisaurus » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:07 am

For me its a no-brainer at #1.

Cedric Benson is finally getting his chance as the undisputed #1 back in Chicago. They didn't spend a top 5 pick on him for nothing. He's got talent. Also, Chicago's style of play is geared more towards ball control. Their defense shuts down the other teams offense, and then they run out the clock by running the football. Benson should be a lock for 300+ carries.

My second choice would be slightly in favor of Brandon Jacobs. For one you know he'll get the goal-line carries regardless of who is starting. On that note, I don't think Droughns will outgain him in carries/yardage, let alone TD's.

Slightly behind Jacobs is where I'd put T.J. Actually, I have him listed one spot behind Jacobs on my board. But only because Leon Washington is better than Droughns which may mean more carries, and also because the Giants offense is better than the Jets offense.
Chuck Norrisaurus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Philly_05 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:33 pm

Chuck Norrisaurus wrote:For me its a no-brainer at #1.

Cedric Benson is finally getting his chance as the undisputed #1 back in Chicago. They didn't spend a top 5 pick on him for nothing. He's got talent. Also, Chicago's style of play is geared more towards ball control. Their defense shuts down the other teams offense, and then they run out the clock by running the football. Benson should be a lock for 300+ carries.

My second choice would be slightly in favor of Brandon Jacobs. For one you know he'll get the goal-line carries regardless of who is starting. On that note, I don't think Droughns will outgain him in carries/yardage, let alone TD's.

Slightly behind Jacobs is where I'd put T.J. Actually, I have him listed one spot behind Jacobs on my board. But only because Leon Washington is better than Droughns which may mean more carries, and also because the Giants offense is better than the Jets offense.

How in the world do the Giants have a better offense than the Jets? The Jets arguably have a better QB RB and WR's. If I had to pick I would go Jones gap Benson then big gap to Jacobs.
QB- Roethlisberger, Rivers, Foles
RB- McCoy, Lynch, L James, Ivory, F Jackson, D Thomas, Turbin
WR- Julio, Bowe, D Bryant, D Jax, Amendola, Broyles, Gordon, Hill
TE- Celek, D Allen
DEF- Giants
K- Zuerlin
D- D Washington, S Weatherspoon, L Kuechly
Philly_05
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:44 pm

I watched the first quarter of the Bear's game last night and thought that Benson looked good. He bounced off defenders and kept going forward. He got hit hard one time, shook it off and came back strong. It's way too early to know how he will perform this year [or whether he will start 16 games without getting hurt again] but I was impressed with what I saw. The Bears are a run first team so their featured back is going to get the carries.

Jones may be more of a RBBC on the Jets. He has proven his talent in Chicago but he needs the carries to warrant a 2nd round pick.

Jacobs will also get chances on a run oriented team but is more of an unknown than Jones. He's no Tiki. I think NY is going to use the passing game more than people expect this year.
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:21 am

I thought Benson looked good too. I think he has the most "upside" of the group. Hopefully he holds up to the pounding.

The Jets like Leon Washingon & they'll find ways to get him involved which might cut into TJ's touches a little bit. Plus, playing tough defenses like NE, Mia twice hurts. TJ should have a good season but the ceiling isn't real high imo.

Jacobs doesn't seem to be getting much love. There are some questions with the Giants offense this season but I think they're going to lean on him quite a bit. Worse case is they mix in Droughns between the 20's but Jacobs will be the guy in the redzone.

So I'd go:

1. Benson

2.T. Jones

3. B. Jacobs
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:43 am

Another vote for:

Jones