Lynch/A-Train - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lynch/A-Train

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lynch/A-Train

Postby dugbrandon » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:02 pm

What are everyones thoughts about how the Buffalo backfield will shake out. I'll admit that I reached for A-train in a couple of leagues (took him WAY, middle round, to early) because I thought that Jauron was a fan of his. Now I'm thinking that was a bad decision. Your thoughts?
dugbrandon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lynch/A-Train

Postby mikus » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:21 pm

I think it is Lynch's job until he loses it/runs out of gas. He clearly has more potential. A-Train could be used as a situational guy.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:22 pm

Watch out for Wright too
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:02 pm

thomas doesn't seem to be on many fantasy players' radars. personally, i'm grabbing him in as many drafts as possible. you can get him late 12-14 rounds. and he could possibly pay out huge. he has talent, experience w/jauron, and knows how to block at this level. i think he will start the season out at the least, and it will probably end up being a split...going with the hot hand. we'll have a better idea after training camp and we see some preseason games. but i'd still grab him. i don't like rookie rbs not named peterson this year.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:12 pm

moonhead wrote:thomas doesn't seem to be on many fantasy players' radars. personally, i'm grabbing him in as many drafts as possible. you can get him late 12-14 rounds. and he could possibly pay out huge. he has talent, experience w/jauron, and knows how to block at this level. i think he will start the season out at the least, and it will probably end up being a split...going with the hot hand. we'll have a better idea after training camp and we see some preseason games. but i'd still grab him. i don't like rookie rbs not named peterson this year.

i agree...he's definately worth a late rd flyer as a 5th/6th RB
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Billsbacker » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:23 pm

A-Train is a favorite of Jauron's, but he's gonna have a hard time keeping Lynch off the field. Lynch is looking every bit as good as advertised in camp here, and is doing better than expected in blitz pick-up as well (supposedly his weakness). Wright is also looking very good, and there is talk of him becoming the short-yardage/GL back, but that will probably not happen this year.....

Bottom line, if Lynch performs anywhere near what he's been flashing at camp, I do not see A-Train getting on the field much this year - Lynch is on a different level. Maybe for an occasional spell or short yardage/GL duty, but you shouldn't expect any consistent FF production from Thomas, particularly as the Bills face the toughest run D schedule this year. I'm a homer, but I will not draft A-Train this year....
Billsbacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guru13 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:34 pm

IMO, since he has experience with Jauron and Jauron likes him, Thomas has a good chance of being a goal line/short yardage guy, and could really, really surprise some people, not like MBIII of last year, but the same Idea.

actually the more I think about it, I don't see how A-Train could not get the GL/Short Yardage duties, sizewise there is no comparison, Lynch is 5'11", 215 lbs. stocky, but a bit too small for Goalline plays, where as A-Train is 6'2", 225 lbs, weight-wise, there isn't all that much of a difference, but add 3 inches to a guy and see what a difference it makes, so he does have more size and experience and we all know he can pound it.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby elltrain22 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:15 pm

All of you guys couldn't be more wrong!!!! 6 posts, and I'll I have heard is how Jauron likes A-train, and how he promised a committee. Thomas is a nice backup, but everyone here is overlooking the most important detail, and that is Marshawn Lynch is a freak. Dude can hit a hole fast as hell, can catch the ball out of the backfield, can find the endzone, can take a hit, can run outside, can run in b/w the tackles, can get tough yards, and yes, can have the occassional homerun-type run. Point here is, he is a superstar in the making, and eventhough you're hearing this and that about committee's, and how Jauron likes the A-train, fact is Lynch is nasty, and all this Jauron and the coaching staff is doing is most likely to motivate Lynch to bust out, which he almost certainly will.
elltrain22
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dugbrandon » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:17 am

elltrain22 wrote:All of you guys couldn't be more wrong!!!! 6 posts, and I'll I have heard is how Jauron likes A-train, and how he promised a committee. Thomas is a nice backup, but everyone here is overlooking the most important detail, and that is Marshawn Lynch is a freak. Dude can hit a hole fast as hell, can catch the ball out of the backfield, can find the endzone, can take a hit, can run outside, can run in b/w the tackles, can get tough yards, and yes, can have the occassional homerun-type run. Point here is, he is a superstar in the making, and eventhough you're hearing this and that about committee's, and how Jauron likes the A-train, fact is Lynch is nasty, and all this Jauron and the coaching staff is doing is most likely to motivate Lynch to bust out, which he almost certainly will.

I wouldn't know why, but I sense a little bit of homer-ism in your post.
dugbrandon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk