WHo's #3.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WHo's #3..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: WHo's #3..

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:18 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
BALCOBOMBER wrote:LJ has waaay to many carries in the last 2 years and has the worst supporting cast of anyonebody else worth mentioning in the 1st round. He is a beast but the odds are stacked so far against him this year.

Kind of contradictory :-? People had passed on LT when he was a beast ;-7 Your statement against him makes no sense. Can someone tell me when KC had the best Offensive line last year all of the sudden?

No, I just wrote it pretty fast and my reasoning is a bit ambiguous. Last year he had only a slightly better oline, but this year he is coming off that 400+ carry year. I've seen the data and read countless articles about the effects it has on a RB. Look at the past to predict the future young grasshopper. ;-D
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:26 am

BALCOBOMBER wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:
BALCOBOMBER wrote:LJ has waaay to many carries in the last 2 years and has the worst supporting cast of anyonebody else worth mentioning in the 1st round. He is a beast but the odds are stacked so far against him this year.

Kind of contradictory :-? People had passed on LT when he was a beast ;-7 Your statement against him makes no sense. Can someone tell me when KC had the best Offensive line last year all of the sudden?

No, I just wrote it pretty fast and my reasoning is a bit ambiguous. Last year he had only a slightly better oline, but this year he is coming off that 400+ carry year. I've seen the data and read countless articles about the effects it has on a RB. Look at the past to predict the future young grasshopper. ;-D

Great sample size, a whole 4 guys ;D And I could say the same thing about looking at the past and predicting the future with the numbers that LJ could put up ;) That argument doesn't hold that much water...
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:33 am

WickedSmaat wrote:Great sample size, a whole 4 guys ;D And I could say the same thing about looking at the past and predicting the future with the numbers that LJ could put up ;) That argument doesn't hold that much water...

And I could ask you why you haven't responded to my trade offer in the Cafe's Finest...

But I won't... :-b

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:20 am

I am in the same boat with my # 3 pick.

My league is PPR w/ 2QBs (6 points per TD pass) and 3RBs though. Real tough to draft.

I personally am terrified of LJ and SA, and with the 3 pick, I have to nail this thing to get it right.

I am split between Addai, Gore, FWP, and Peyton Manning.

What do I do?
QB - Manning, Ben Roth, Campbell
RB - Henry, T Jones, D Ward, B-Jax, Betts, B Jacobs, Selvin Young
WR - Lee Evans, Colston, Driver, Cotchery, Brandon Marshall
TE - Heap
K - Elam
DEF - Chicago
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BGbootha » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:41 am

Blitzburgh2001 wrote:I am in the same boat with my # 3 pick.

My league is PPR w/ 2QBs (6 points per TD pass) and 3RBs though. Real tough to draft.

I personally am terrified of LJ and SA, and with the 3 pick, I have to nail this thing to get it right.

I am split between Addai, Gore, FWP, and Peyton Manning.

What do I do?

Honestly with 6 point TD, and starting two WR. I would be really leaning toward going Manning there.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:11 pm

BGbootha wrote:
Honestly with 6 point TD, and starting two WR. I would be really leaning toward going Manning there.

Its 3WR also.

PPR
2QB, 3RB, 3WR, TE, DEF, K.

Still think Manning is the pick?

Keep in mind I wont be able to get my RB until the 18th pick. That is a scary thought.
TE - Heap
K - Elam
DEF - Chicago
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:38 pm

LJ is so underrated it's ridiculous. The guy is going to outscore Steven Jackson this year. The guy is an elite talent second only to Ladanian Tomlinson. He runs like a man among boys.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:41 pm

Kensat30 wrote:LJ is so underrated it's ridiculous. The guy is going to outscore Steven Jackson this year. The guy is an elite talent second only to Ladanian Tomlinson. He runs like a man among boys.

Ken, it's not worth it, you can't change the minds of people set in a rut of stats and "history" !+)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:12 pm

Kensat30 wrote:LJ is so underrated it's ridiculous. The guy is going to outscore Steven Jackson this year. The guy is an elite talent second only to Ladanian Tomlinson. He runs like a man among boys.

i agree...but i still drafted Jackson ahead of him in 2 leagues (1 was a keeper). i think they'll be really close stat wise but at the time i drafted (early August) i just didnt want to take the risk with LJ
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:14 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:

Ken, it's not worth it, you can't change the minds of people set in a rut of stats and "history" !+)

Its not so much that I am set on the whole 400 carry thing. I think Bennett will help to make that load more manageable, and LJs health will be fine.

But that O-line has Brian Waters and little else at this point. Its not the great line it once was, and if they try to break in Brode Croyle then things could become very difficult. I think the yards will be there, but I dont know about the TDs.

Plus Im in a PPR league where Addai could potentially be huge (70 catches is a possibility for him this year). But I am worried about him getting banged up. I just have to hope that SJ falls to me I guess.
TE - Heap
K - Elam
DEF - Chicago
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk