WHo's #3.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WHo's #3..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: WHo's #3..

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:47 pm

Blitzburgh2001 wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:LJ is so underrated it's ridiculous. The guy is going to outscore Steven Jackson this year. The guy is an elite talent second only to Ladanian Tomlinson. He runs like a man among boys.

Ken, it's not worth it, you can't change the minds of people set in a rut of stats and "history" !+)

Its not so much that I am set on the whole 400 carry thing. I think Bennett will help to make that load more manageable, and LJs health will be fine.

But that O-line has Brian Waters and little else at this point. Its not the great line it once was, and if they try to break in Brode Croyle then things could become very difficult. I think the yards will be there, but I dont know about the TDs.

Plus Im in a PPR league where Addai could potentially be huge (70 catches is a possibility for him this year). But I am worried about him getting banged up. I just have to hope that SJ falls to me I guess.

And I think your point is valid(except for Bennett, never liked him and always disappointed). What I'm trying to get at more is that what Kensat pointed out, people need to look past what's happened to other people and actually realize who Larry Johnson is and what he's shown. His line may be his downfall this year, but he's talented, he may look for that contact, but he's agile too. The tackle spot is where there should be some worry, but hopefully McIntosh will come back and be fine with his knee. I don't mind if people are down on him for that reason, Herm is a runner and LJ will get his, I just don't think it's valid to bring in statistics that have nothing to do with LJ and flaunt them as "proven."
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby freeling_prideful » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:21 pm

LJ's definitely the guy to take at No. 3. No one else is even really close.

For instance, Frank Gore...

I believe that last season will end up being a career year for Gore. Look at his college performance and it was clear that he was a fairly good back but nothing outstanding in terms of talent. Moreover, he was injured several times in college, and not just small injuries--catastrophic knee injuries to both ACL's.

What this tells me is that Gore is at least as big an injury risk this year as Johnson (everyone makes a big deal about him breaking down, but he has much less carries at 27 than most premiere running backs, thanks to the fact that he rode the bench for his first few years behind Priest Holmes).

Then look at upside. LJ could easily go 1800 total yards and 20 total TD's. Gore might get more yards if he stays healthy, but does anyone really believe he's going to score 20 times? I highly doubt it, not in SF (even as much as that team has improved).
freeling_prideful
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:38 pm

i take reggie bush!

not really. i'll take lj, thank you.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:23 am

take LJ...
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BGbootha » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:03 pm

Well if anyone out there was wondering, I had my money league draft this morning and it just ended a few hours ago. For the most part i am happy, and to end all the suspense....I took LJ @ 3. I don't know how I feel about it really, but I did go out and get some good RB depth to make up for the whole thing. The roster is as follows. Thanks for all the help and advice!!!

QB - Matt Hasselbeck (9th Round!!!)
RB1 - Larry Johnson
RB2 - Maurice Jones Drew
WR1 - Terrel Owens
WR2 - Andre Johnson
TE - Vernon Davis
K - Adam Viniteiri
DEF - Carolina

QB - Rex Grossman
RB - Ahman Green / Jerious Norwood / Micheal Bennett
WR - Bernard Berrian / Greg Jennings / DJ Hackett
DEF - Seattle
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby jdogg_ffc » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:57 am

BGbootha wrote:Well if anyone out there was wondering, I had my money league draft this morning and it just ended a few hours ago. For the most part i am happy, and to end all the suspense....I took LJ @ 3. I don't know how I feel about it really, but I did go out and get some good RB depth to make up for the whole thing. The roster is as follows. Thanks for all the help and advice!!!

QB - Matt Hasselbeck (9th Round!!!)
RB1 - Larry Johnson
RB2 - Maurice Jones Drew
WR1 - Terrel Owens
WR2 - Andre Johnson
TE - Vernon Davis
K - Adam Viniteiri
DEF - Carolina

QB - Rex Grossman
RB - Ahman Green / Jerious Norwood / Micheal Bennett
WR - Bernard Berrian / Greg Jennings / DJ Hackett
DEF - Seattle

Looks good to me, thanks for helping me with my decision for tomorrow im going no.4 and already know the first 3 picks are LT, SJ, and Peyton.

I'm going to take LJ!!!!!!!!!!!
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jdogg_ffc » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:08 am

One more thing in wk 15-16 my playoff wks.

LJ plays Tenn. and Detroit

Shaun plays GB and Balt.
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:19 am

some of the LJ worries are over exaggerated...he has never carried a full load in college, and when he was drafted he split the load...so what he had over 400 carries....

does anyone on here realize LT has carried the ball over 2000 times in his career, AND carried the load at TCU by himself his entire tenure...he also has 400 receptions to include into that figure....

if you include LJ's total carries, and receptions its under 1000...and once again, he wasnt carrying the full load at penn state...

so all this "break down after 400 carries" stuff is overblown...he's young, has his legs, and shows no evidence that he will break down anytime soon....some people here act like LT is invinceable, he has been getting teh ball over 330 times all his career, LJ only has 2 seasons with huge loads, he's not going anywhere anytime soon
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:48 pm

LS2throwed wrote:if you include LJ's total carries, and receptions its under 1000...and once again, he wasnt carrying the full load at penn state...

Not sure what you're remembering there, but he did rush for over 2,00 yards in 2002. That's pretty much carrying the load, IMO.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 443)

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:07 pm

-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk