WHo's #3.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WHo's #3..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: WHo's #3..

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:22 pm

Man, I'm not liking Behren's reasoning again:

It's not statistically evident yet, but it's coming. People say so.

This 400 carry stuff is balony. I don't think LJ has even reached 1000 carries in his career. I seriously doubt the guy is already wearing down. Yet, the only reason people give is this 400 carry stuff. Then they allude back to other 400 carry guys, all of whom had way more mileage on them then LJ. And I keep saying SJax had over 400 touches last year and nobody is bashing him. Backs just don't start breaking down after 2 or 3 years of playing when they're 27. He's got at least a couple years left in him if he's worked in the ground every year. I'm still taking him as my number 3 because a) Gore has just as many injury concerns as LJ and b) LJ is better than anyone except LT if he's playing well.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:58 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:Man, I'm not liking Behren's reasoning again:

This 400 carry stuff is balony. I don't think LJ has even reached 1000 carries in his career. I seriously doubt the guy is already wearing down. Yet, the only reason people give is this 400 carry stuff. Then they allude back to other 400 carry guys, all of whom had way more mileage on them then LJ. And I keep saying SJax had over 400 touches last year and nobody is bashing him. Backs just don't start breaking down after 2 or 3 years of playing when they're 27. He's got at least a couple years left in him if he's worked in the ground every year. I'm still taking him as my number 3 because a) Gore has just as many injury concerns as LJ and b) LJ is better than anyone except LT if he's playing well.

I'm guessing you didn't catch the sarcastic overtones :-? I had a good chuckle over the whole article :-b
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:05 pm

I don't think the 400 carry thing is the only thing people point to. They point to a deteriorating line and lack of weapons in the KC offense as a serious downgrade in LJ's value. The 400 carry plateau isn't as significant as the study done on the 370 carry plateau, which does show that follow up seasons are generally disappointing, although that's with an admittedly small sample size.

The S-Jax 400 touches argument is also a little misleading. He caught 90 passes, and there is a big difference between getting taken down by outside linebackers and D-backs then there is pounding it between the tackles. I believe LJ is still a safe pick in the Top 5 due to the volume of the work he is going to see and how uber-talented he is along with the belief that he is one of the few who can handle the load, but I also believe his days of out of these world numbers are gone.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:25 pm

It not just 400 carries. Its that, combined with the ridiculous workload for his half season before that, and the weakening of his QB position, the WRs are only getting worse due to aging (Bowe couldn't oust Parker, which is sad), the OL lost more and especially with the injuries and age their LJ's blocking is going downhill, its just a bad situation. There are only two positives: LJ is a great talent at RB, and Herm Edwards has no one else to give the ball too, but every other factor is dismal.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JPCicciarelli » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:40 am

I was given the 4th pick in a 10 team league, I was able to walk away with Parker and Addai. Im feeling pretty good about it ;-D
JPCicciarelli
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:47 pm

JPCicciarelli wrote:I was given the 4th pick in a 10 team league, I was able to walk away with Parker and Addai. Im feeling pretty good about it ;-D

Hmm, you must play with a bunch of idiots. I have them both in my dynasty league, but no where else...
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 444)

Previous

Return to Football Talk