Still looking for a league? How about 2 or 3? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Still looking for a league? How about 2 or 3?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Still looking for a league? How about 2 or 3?

Postby Pootingman » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:55 pm

I have three leagues in three separate formats open to anyone who would like to join, whether you are an experienced player, or a newbie looking to expand your geekness. They are free to join. The Colossal Football League is comprised of three separate smaller leagues(or divisions) representing the three most popular fantasy football formats. These divisions will be housed on Yahoo! Sports and each of you can have a team in each division or only two, or only one, or you can tell me to go jump in the proverbial lake, it's your choice. Let me introduce you to our new divisions:

Colossal Yearly Division:This is basically your traditional Fantasy League. There are no "keepers" in this league. Each season we start from scratch and redraft our whole team. This division will have a live draft on Saturday, August 25th at 4pm(EST). If you cannot make the draft there is an option to set up a draft list. Go here to join: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... t?.scrumb=

The League ID is 228638 and the password is "join".

Colossal Dynasty Division: In this division your team is all keepers, so you get to keep your entire team each off-season. We will have a short draft(probably 4 or 5 rounds) before each season to work each years rookies and emerging stars into the league. This league will also be a live draft set for Saturday, August 25th at 12:30 pm(EST), although I am probaly going to change this to an offline email draft if we can get the league filled up quick enough. Go here to join: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... t?.scrumb=

The League ID is 331370 and the password is "join"

Colossal Double-Up Division:This concept may be new to a few of you. In this division, you draft teams instead of players. 2 NFL teams to be exact. We will will have a quick 2 round draft in which you will select two NFL teams in which all of your teams players will come from. For example, if you draft the Patriots in Round One and the Chiefs in Round Two, then your team will exist of all Patriots and Chiefs players. You can have no other players on your team, but none of your opponents can have any players on your two teams. Your team name will reflect the two teams your players come from for easy identification purposes, like Kansas City Patriots or New England Chiefs or whatever just as long as it represents both teams. Go here to join: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... t?.scrumb=

The league ID is 331471 and the passowrd is "join".

Now for more twists. Each divisions championship will be played on Week 16 of the NFL Season. On Week 17, the three division champions will square off against each other with the team with the highest point total that week being crowned league champ. Also, these leagues are all free so there will be no prize money for winning, however, the reward for winning your division is that you will be able to set the rules for that division for the following season(as long as they fall under Yahoo!s parameters). The league champions will get a reward as well(although i havent quite figured out what the hell that is going to be yet).

So that's it. I do a crappy job of explaining things so if you have questions please ask, and well, let's get on with it, shall we.

Chris da Commish
Pootingman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Still looking for a league? How about 2 or 3?

Postby Pootingman » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:40 am

:-) bump
Pootingman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby yuhatn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:20 pm

i joined the double up division. like the idea, want to give it a try ;-D
yuhatn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:07 pm

I'll join the double-up league. That seems cool. I'll also join the keeper. Thanks ;-D
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds