Waiver and Roster Help Appreciated!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Waiver and Roster Help Appreciated!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Waiver and Roster Help Appreciated!!!

Postby bzabodyn » Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:36 pm

What's up, guys? My team looks like this:

QB: Warner, B. Johnson
RB: S. Alexander, J. Stewart, T. Wheatley, J. Wells, R. Watters
WR: Bruce, T. Brown, Dyson, J. Thrash, D. Stallworth, D. Alexander

My Question is: who should I pick up out of the following? and if I pick them up, who should I drop? (obvious choice Watters - anyone else?)

Available: Reggie Wayne, Dez White, Mike Alstott, Kevin McDougal, and many others of the same status... maybe someone I should know about and don't.....

and also, who would your starting line-up be (2 RB's, 2 WR's)?

Thanks
bzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Starters

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:04 pm

For WR's start Bruce and Brown, no question. You're looking pretty good there.

You have an outstanding RB in Alexander, but after that the drop-off is staggering. Alstott, as a free agent, is still better than sixty percent of your running backs, and only a few draft slots below Stewart imho.

For now, grab Alstott, and I would be looking for some sleeper backs to add to the roster. Who is available will vary from league to league but you might consider Foster, Duckett, James Allen, and Hambrick, or maybe the backup to Edge if you anticipate he won't hold up.

You can also get some mileage out of a receiving back like Larry Centers or Kevin Faulk if all the sleepers are gone. I think there will be a bit of a dropoff (at least in receiving yards) for Centers, because Bledsoe locks in on a receiver and doesn't look until the last second to dump off a pass. Faulk, on the other hand, could easily see an increase in numbers, as the Pats scramble to hold onto their position atop the AFC. Facing tougher opponents this year, Brady will probably rely on tight ends and dump offs to the RBs, and A. Smith will probably be kept rested and healthy for when he's needed most, all pointing towards more yards and scoring opportunites for Kevin Faulk.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby n_tremain23 » Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:51 am

RB-Alexander,and Stewart.

WR-Bruce and Brown.

Trade Thrash,Alexander,and one of your RB's for a solid starting back.After Alexander,you don't have a proven starter who will put up numbers.Out of the waivers,probably pick up Alstott and drop Watters.
n_tremain23

Postby kashikis » Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:36 am

i agree with n_tremain about bundling some WR for a good second back if you cant get a good bite then drop watters and get alstott. i still think pittman will win that job straight out from what grudens been saying but you never know hell still probably score more TDs than anyone else whos left out there
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk