The Dirty South - Hotlanta's WRs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Dirty South - Hotlanta's WRs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Dirty South - Hotlanta's WRs

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:35 pm

Reports from Rotoworld this week.
Michael Jenkins-WR- Falcons Aug. 8 - 7:31 pm et

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution calls Michael Jenkins a "slot receiver."
Jenkins has been inside with Joe Horn and Roddy White on the perimeter during camp. It's uncertain who will start, but it was presumed that Horn and Jenkins would form the first team when Horn signed in March. The receiver situation in Atlanta is again looking like one to avoid in shallow leagues.
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Roddy White-WR- Falcons Aug. 11 - 11:57 am et

Roddy White started Atlanta's preseason opener and caught three passes.
He fits Bobby Petrino's need-for-speed offense better than Michael Jenkins, and looks likethe favorite for the role opposite Joe Horn. Joey Harrington isn't a good vertical passer, which limit's White's chance for emergence. Michael Jenkins isn't draftable right now in any format.

Horn will probably start on one side, but it looks like White is going to start opposite him. :-?
Jenkins doesn't look like such a decent option anymore, but training camp news does tend to go all over the place.

Personally, I tried to avoid the whole messy situation down in ATL. Norwood was the only player I seriously considered, but I did end up drafting Horn in the 9th round of a 14 team league. No way I'm drafting another Falcons WR though, even if its my last pick.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk