Will Meachem or Bowe do much this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Meachem or Bowe do much this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Meachem or Bowe do much this year?

Postby Popcynical » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:24 am

Topic title addresses the question.

With Meachem, there's the whole thing of him being in New Orleans, and the dynamic cast around him. Are there enough balls to go around for him to make any impact this year? I've heard he hasn't impressed thus far in training camp. And he didn't have too great of a preseason... so maybe it will take him some time to get the curve.

Dwayne Bowe I've really heard nothing about... as it took him a long time to get his contract issues resolved. Kansas City's offense looks kind of questionable this year. And if Larry Johnson somehow leaves, things might be disastrous.

How do you guys think these rookies will fare this year?
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Will Meachem or Bowe do much this year?

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:49 am

Popcynical wrote:With Meachem, there's the whole thing of him being in New Orleans, and the dynamic cast around him. Are there enough balls to go around for him to make any impact this year? I've heard he hasn't impressed thus far in training camp. And he didn't have too great of a preseason... so maybe it will take him some time to get the curve.

He looked good tonight. Caught a couple passes including one very impressive TD catch where he stretched out his arms and dragged his feet in bounds on a fade route. He's definitely on my radar. Colston is clearly the guy at WR, but after him, I think Meachem's certainly capable of beating out Devery Henderson and Terrence Copper for looks.

Dwayne Bowe I've really heard nothing about... as it took him a long time to get his contract issues resolved. Kansas City's offense looks kind of questionable this year. And if Larry Johnson somehow leaves, things might be disastrous.

The more things change, the more things stay the same. I think Kansas City will continue to be a crappy team for fantasy WRs with their QB situation. Unless you count Gonzalez, I'm not really interested in any of them; especially a rookie.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby os_gamejunkie » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:43 am

Talent wise I like Bowe more, but he doesn't have a lot of things going his way. Meachem could put up Chis Henry type numbers at least.
os_gamejunkie
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelerfan04 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:16 am

I think Bowe has a better chance for more playing time this year, but the QB situation in KC isn't great, and if Croyle takes over it will take him a while to get the hang of things. As for Meachem, I don't see him doing a whole lot this year in NO, although if I had to pick one in a dynasty league I'd pick Meachem.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:00 am

I see Meachem as a high upside gamble. He looked good last night but don't forget the history of Rookie WR's. The safe bet is to say he will emerge next year. He is big and fast but came into training camp out of shape. He has the tools to beat out Colston IMHO but we won't see that for a few years down the line.

Bowe might get more playing time because of the lack of WR's in KC but he really didn't put up huge numbers in College aside TD's. However I believe LSU was more of a running team. Correct me if I am wrong. Bowe doesn't appear to have the raw talent Meachem has. He has a bit of a drop problem that hopefully gets ironed out. On a positive not he plays injured.

I think these guys only gets drafted in leagues with a lot of rounds, a lot of teams, or dynasty keeper set ups.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby CC » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:21 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I see Meachem as a high upside gamble. He looked good last night but don't forget the history of Rookie WR's. The safe bet is to say he will emerge next year. He is big and fast but came into training camp out of shape. He has the tools to beat out Colston IMHO but we won't see that for a few years down the line.

Bowe might get more playing time because of the lack of WR's in KC but he really didn't put up huge numbers in College aside TD's. However I believe LSU was more of a running team. Correct me if I am wrong. Bowe doesn't appear to have the raw talent Meachem has. He has a bit of a drop problem that hopefully gets ironed out. On a positive not he plays injured.

I think these guys only gets drafted in leagues with a lot of rounds, a lot of teams, or dynasty keeper set ups.

I definitely would not call LSU a running team, they had the #1 overall pick at QB, 2 1st round WR picks in this draft, and WR Early Doucet is a potential first round pick next year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:25 pm

When it comes to rookie wideouts I've got two words for you:

Craig Davis

Talent + Opportunity + Situation = Tasty Sleeper Goodness

:-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Return to Football Talk