My slightly fun mostly messed up scary night. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

My slightly fun mostly messed up scary night.

Moderator: Football Moderators

My slightly fun mostly messed up scary night.

Postby Metroid » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:13 am

So I went to a friends house Friday early evening for a BBQ and some beers, also to watch the Saints pre-season game. Had a great time, some friends that I hadn't seem in months came to town from the coast so that made it extra special. Later(around 10-10:30)my buddies band started their band practice, the guys from the coast are musicians so they jammed with them...it was awesome. Finally everything started winding down around 12am. I had brought Ginger with me and my bike in case I got drunk...which I did(of course)so me and Ginger biked it home. Stockton sucks so of course I got messed with...pretty much just some doods talking smack and drunkin BS but I think with me having Ginger they didn't want to take it any farther than that...still sucked though. But whatever that just added to my evening. :-t

So I make it home, come inside...didn't really check the clock but I imagine it was around 12:45 or 1am. Ginger runs off to the living room and hops on the couch. I however am feeling a little "up" from my ride so I make myself a nightcap(rum-n-coke)and decide to log on to the Cafe. I check my leagues and some PMs starting to crash when I hear some pretty loud noises in the garage, like someones messing with the storage door thats just inside the side garage door. I figure this because that door isn't really a door but some plywood hung on hinges...makes a very distinct sound . :-o

I've heard noises before and grabbed a heavy object and went on a sweep of my house but I new instantly something/someone was in my garage. I don't have any guns in the house except for an old 22 pump rifle that was my moms that I don't even have any shells for so I grab my baseball bat and head for the garage,this has all happened in a matter of 10-20seconds maybe. It felt like a long time though, like I was taking too long to do something or check it out...I dunno I was pretty scared. My house door into the garage opens in such a way that when you swing it open you can see the side door to the garage. I swing the door open quickly and flick the light on to find some young kid standing just inside my garage with some sort of metal object, prolly a screwdriver Idunno, it looked sharp. So I'm standing there with a bat(6'2" 210pds a tad out of shape but still)staring at this young kid maybe 14, 15, 16 years old, like 5'9" and a buck 50(he could have been older). And he says to me "Come on!" Seriously. To tell you guys the truth I was actually pretty scared until he opened his mouth. All I said was "you better get the **** out of my garage right now" and took a step toward him, then he bolted. I gave a half assed chase, yelling and cursing, just to the end of my driveway. Freaked me out! :-t

So how did he get in my garage? Did he break in? No. This is the worst part...I left the side door open myself, and because the landscaper had been here that day the side gate was open. I have been leaving the side door open and the garage door open a crack to help keep the garage from getting so hot. And I always go out and close both before I go to bed. Cept today I left the house early...was gone most of the evening...and completely forgot. :-[

What really scares me and makes me really angry with myself is that my pops was here alone. All kinds of awful thoughts have been running through my head about what could have happened. I know it was a young kid and most likely he would have just taken stuff from the garage...but what if it was someone else. And yeah it could happen during the day too, Stockton was one of, if not the first place those "home invasion robberys" started happening. Grrrr it really makes me feel crappy, I came home to take care of my pops and then I do something sooooo careless. What if I would have decided to stay at my friends house tonight? Ive done that before. I don't even wanna think about it. :-t

FYI we do have an alarm system but my dads WONT use it. He does have that Life Alert thing, little button on a rope that hangs around his neck...the..."Ive fallen and I can't get up"...ya know? And we do have Ginger...cept she was with me all night. :-C

Boo...It's like 3:30 in the morning I'm all anxious and I feel like a bad son/caregiver. :-t

Side note: I have never been a gun person but since I've been back here in Cali I've seriously been thinking about getting one. This isn't the first time I've been awoken/heard strange noises, it's just the first time I've actually confronted someone. Like I said every other time I get up and survey the house and it's nothing. But I'm worried that next time it'll be something. :-o

I've shot guns before...quite a bit and I don't mind them but I've never owned one. And really never thought about one for home protection(or any other reason)until I moved back here...and more so now. Of course I'm all wound up and typing my thoughts out loud but I have a very uneasy feeling. %-6

even before this I was kinda thinking something like a 12 gauge shotgun...easy to get, cheap, very little aiming needed and I've heard the sound of pumping it will most likely scare people off...makes sense.

I dunno I'm feeling like I need sleep but I'm up. I really haven't thought out anything I've been typing...just thinking and typing. And I feel bad. Yeah I'm trippin out a bit. :-[

Man that was long...just felt like typing that out...thanks to those that read it...I'm sure I'll be embarrassed in the morning. :-C

*EDIT* -Oh and for those that will ask, no I didn't call the cops. Really what would they do? He didn't break in. He didn't take anything and he'd have been long gone before they even arrived. :-?

Now that I think about it I prolly should have called and reported it...I dunno. :-[
Last edited by Metroid on Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: My fun/scary night.

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:49 am

The part where he says "come on" had me cracking up! :-b

I suggest you get the Redneck Swiss Army gun! :-D ;-D

Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:16 am

Jimboozie wrote:The part where he says "come on" had me cracking up! :-b

Yeah me too...in a way. I mean I didn't think it was funny but when I heard his pubescent voice I wasn't really that freaked out anymore...I was more angry. I wish I could remember the stuff I was saying when I ran after him, I'm sure that was a mess of pissed off ramblings about things I would do to him if I caught him. :-?

It's just really messed up man because even though I can talk a mean game, thats just really not my style. I'm not a wussie at all and I'm not afraid to stand my ground, but for the most part I'm pretty passive, I'd really rather let stuff go. And I don't really like that feeling you get when you get all worked up and you're nearing what could be a violent confrontation. You know? When you're like all shaky and seeing red? I hate that. I don't know what would have happened if he turned and squared off with me...with me holding a bat. And to be totally honest I've never even hit anybody in the face before...in my life...I guess maybe when I was a really little kid. I've been in a few fights but for the most part they've been more wrestling brawls than fist fights, and most times I've defused confrontations with words or by intimidating the other person by talking really "loud." Or by group intimidation.

Whatever I don't know what the hell I'm talking about or what that has to do with anything...man I'm rambling again. :-°
Metroid

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:45 am

Best thing for home protection is a shotgun Met. Why? Becuase you really never need to fire the thing. The sound of a shotgun being loaded is distinct and will make anyone around your house crap there pants. Plus if you ever have to use it, it is easy to use and doesnt require great aim to hit someone. ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:47 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Best thing for home protection is a shotgun Met. Why? Becuase you really never need to fire the thing. The sound of a shotgun being loaded is distinct and will make anyone around your house crap there pants. Plus if you ever have to use it, it is easy to use and doesnt require great aim to hit someone. ;-D

Yeah I've heard that a lot...and since I'm not real bit into guns it really makes sense. :-?
Metroid

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:58 am

Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Best thing for home protection is a shotgun Met. Why? Becuase you really never need to fire the thing. The sound of a shotgun being loaded is distinct and will make anyone around your house crap there pants. Plus if you ever have to use it, it is easy to use and doesnt require great aim to hit someone. ;-D

Yeah I've heard that a lot...and since I'm not real bit into guns it really makes sense. :-?

Thats what i would reccomend for someone who isnt big into guns, but wanted something for home protection just in case. ;-D My wife hates guns and could probably never use one, but we got one for home prtoection because i am gone at night a lot and although we have a dog, you just never know.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:01 am

Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: My slightly fun mostly messed up scary night.

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:04 am

Dood, that's pretty freaky. I would suggest getting a cheap shotgun just for the intimidation factor. Things like this is why I want my concealed handgun license (I would suggest that, but you are in Cali) :-B . I can't imagine shooting at anybody with one and wouldn't want to, but times like this is when it would be good just to pull that out. Or if the guys messing with you had gone farther than just messing with you a bit. Anyway, good to hear that all is allright and yeah probably would have been best to just report it to the police.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:20 am

I don' think you stressed enough what exactly the BBQ was Met. :-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:27 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:... yeah probably would have been best to just report it to the police.

Yeah I know maybe I should have but at the time I was not in the right head space ya know? I was just thinking man it's totally my fault someone was even able to walk into my garage. And I'm pretty sure (since we've had non violent break ins before)that the cops wouldn't have even showed up for a day or two. Thats just the way it is here...prolly everywhere. Unless you're in present danger they get to you when they can...I understand that, they do have more important things to do than rush to my house because some kid walked into my garage. My pops worked for the Sheriffs Dept. here for...oh I dunno 15, 16 years, and we had a couple break ins during that time, 1 he reported because they actually took quite a bit of stuff but the other he never reported because all they did was break a window on the house and one on the car. He said it would just be a waste of time to file a report...for us and for the SPD. I dunno whatever . I'm tired now and the suns coming up, I'm gonna try and catch a few Z's...I don't think I'm even gonna tell my pops, I don't really wanna worry him. :-?
Metroid

Next

Return to General Talk