IDP with Team Def: Taboo? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

IDP with Team Def: Taboo?

Moderator: Football Moderators

IDP with Team Def: Taboo?

Postby mothaudio » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:03 am

The guys in our work league are asking about adding one [1] IDP position. This is in addition to a team defense. Is this just wrong? Should we either have just a team defense or scrap that and go with individual DL / LB / DB positions instead? Thanks.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: IDP with Team Def: Taboo?

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:01 am

mothaudio wrote:The guys in our work league are asking about adding one [1] IDP position. This is in addition to a team defense. Is this just wrong? Should we either have just a team defense or scrap that and go with individual DL / LB / DB positions instead? Thanks.

I see nothing wrong with that if that's what the league members want. I have a league where we start 3 IDP's and a team D/ST. The best thing to do is put it to a vote. If the league votes for it, there's nothing wrong with it at all. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby stomperrob » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:51 pm

Yeh, nothing wrong with doing both - I'm also in a league that does both. Plus I'm in a league that has no offensive positions, just numerous IDP's (can't remember how many offhand) and 2 team D's.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Motown Blues » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:57 pm

It's all about preference, so little in fantasy is ever WRONG, or taboo. BUT...you ask me? IDP is too much. It clutters the "system." Besides, why add the IDP if you already have the team DEF? It becomes redundant. When fantasy settings start adding TOO many roster spots or get cute with point values, I cringe. For instance, I am in a new league (attending the draft in two weeks) that I just found out has RETURN yards for individual players AND team DEFENSE. I asked that if, say I had Maurice Jones-Drew and Jacksonvile's D, would I get double points? I was told, "oh yeah, I guess you would." An example of getting cute, when it is pointless.
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Beginner's Forum