Calling all Defensive Gurus!!Need help w/ IDP drafting...whi - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Calling all Defensive Gurus!!Need help w/ IDP drafting...whi

Moderator: Football Moderators

Calling all Defensive Gurus!!Need help w/ IDP drafting...whi

Postby yankscool » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:49 pm

This is my first yr playing with IDP's. We are drafting DL's and DB's, on the roster there you start one each, along with total of 5 bench spots. There are 8 teams and it is a yahoo h2h league. here are the settings and stats:

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, DB, DL, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: Passing Yards (30 yards per point; 5 points at 300 yards; 10 points at 400 yards; 15 points at 500 yards)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 10 points at 200 yards)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (1)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point; 5 points at 150 yards; 10 points at 200 yards)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Yards (20 yards per point)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)
Tackle Solo (2)
Tackle Assist (1)
Sack (3)
Interception (3)
Fumble Force (2)
Fumble Recovery (3)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (4)
Fractional Points: No
Negative Points: Yes

My Question is how early do i start drafting the DL's and DB's? it seems under this system DL's seem to get more points for tackles. Demeco Ryans and Chris Hope led in scoring last yr through his format, but just don't know when i should start drafting them and how many DL's and DB's should i focus on getting?
Since we start 3 WR's over 2 RB's, i was planning to use the bench to pick up couple of more WR's, RB's and a QB but should i instead focus on IDP's or should i just wait till the season starts and pick them up along the way? any advice and info would be greatly appreciated thanks
yankscool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Calling all Defensive Gurus!!Need help w/ IDP drafting...whi

Postby maddog60 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:17 pm

Your IDP format is terribly imbalanced. Wait pretty much until the end of your draft to take your IDPs. There is plenty of depth to fill out your starters, and if someone wants to grab Mike Peterson as a backup DL screwing their depth at RB or WR, let them overdraft the position.

At very worst don't even consider a single IDPer until you've got 5-6 RBs, 5-6 WRs, 1-2 QBs, 1-2 TEs, maybe then don't do it. Look for guys that might get forgotten like London Fletcher. And don't waste more than one bench spot on your IDPers. If you do draft more than the starters, I'd take the same position of whichever of them has the earliest bye week, use the guy for a plug in, drop him and get a decent plug-in at the other position off of waivers. With these few starting spots, plenty of quality options for backups will be on waivers.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk