Quick...Good strategy to start opponent's WR's QB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Quick...Good strategy to start opponent's WR's QB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Quick...Good strategy to start opponent's WR's QB?

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:48 am

My opponent has Terrell Owens. I've got Jeff Garcia as my regular starting QB...but he's facing Tampa today and may do horrible. He could also rip them up like Indianapolis. I'm leaning towards Quincy Carter today @DET, but is it a good strategy to take it conservative and start Garcia since he's got Owens...because all his Owens TDs will at least be matched by me? Thanks.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jeru » Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:52 am

No, start whichever QB you think will score the most points. The starting opponents QB/WR strategy is assinine IMO, because he still will have other WR that can score TDs and your goal is to score the most points, not to match him point for point.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:53 am

i think that is kinda dumb. if carter has the better game then he gets you more points reardless of TO.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:54 am

Thanks guys. I guess I'm just overanalyzing again. :-/

Friendliness: %

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:58 am

not to be a prick here or anything im just saying, i think the biggest mistake people make in FF is over-managing. playing the matchups, etc. studs are studs because they can produce big numbers any given sunday against any team. stategies are for real football. in FF just play your best players.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:15 pm

What I do, is I never look at the other guys linup. I set my linup on who I think will do best, and if I have a position I have no clue, then I look at his and see if I can find a guy that may cancel out some of his points.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk