LJ close to a deal? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LJ close to a deal?

Moderator: Football Moderators

LJ close to a deal?

Postby sublimeandy » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:03 pm

i just heard on the local philly sports talk radio station that LJ was close to a deal with the chiefs. has anyone heard anything about this?
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: LJ close to a deal?

Postby mikus » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:25 pm

I heard the same thing via NFL Network.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Max Power » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:35 pm

Thank goodness...Im sitting at #5 in my draft next weekend and didnt want to have to make the call to pick him or not. Hopefully he goes at 3-4 now.
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourty percent of people know that.
Max Power
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mystykoekaki » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:14 pm

Hope this comes in time for my draft, somebody will reach for him hopefully allowing me to get a better RB.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RJ24VC15 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:21 pm

For me this does not change his value, all along I felt a deal would be done and I still do. Unless there is a deal for a QB or WR's, he is not a top 3 pick.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby Max Power » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:57 pm

the man is a top talent and the focal point on the O...he will produce top 5 numbers

dont over think things people.
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourty percent of people know that.
Max Power
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:16 pm

Max Power wrote:the man is a top talent and the focal point on the O...he will produce top 5 numbers

Yeah I'm inclined to agree here. Going with Brodie Croyle over Damon Huard might end up being the right move. LJ produced with Damon Huard and he should do it again next year. There's talk of limiting his carries some, and the line has taken some hits, but he's a guy who is the center of this teams offense and he's very talented and still on a decent to above average offense even with a new QB.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby benb18a » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:25 pm

Max Power wrote:the man is a top talent and the focal point on the O...he will produce top 5 numbers

I don't see how his numbers will decline very much from last season, if at all. I will glade pick him up at #5 in a redraft. Yeah, he has carried the ball alot the last 1.5 seasons... but plenty of RB1/RB2s have more career carries than he does. His offense sucks, but it isn't very much worse than last year when he put up the second most TDs and rush yards.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:11 pm

RJ24VC15 wrote:For me this does not change his value, all along I felt a deal would be done and I still do. Unless there is a deal for a QB or WR's, he is not a top 3 pick.

#3 RB even in a full 1 PPR last year and was still 40 points over the next best, Brian Westbrook. #3 in 2005 when he started in half the games. Same QB as last year(probably Huard to start), Same WRs as last + Bowe. Scored 10 TDs with Huard at the helm and only 7 with Green and it was practically a split, 9 starts for Huard 7 for Green. They stacked the box against KC last year, they're going to do it again this year. He is the Chiefs offense. Where did you seriously have him valued at before? 6-7? You're not giving him credit for what he's done. Outside of LT and SJax, there is no one in the league that can compare to LJ's ceiling. If you're not sold on LJ, that's fine, let him drop to me at #4, Frank Gore isn't the answer, he can't score as much as LJ, but I have yet to hear a solid argument around here against him being one of the top talents.

Hell, I think I've even seen a thread that is laughable of saying LJ will be projected out of the top 10 even in a full season 8-o
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:23 pm

Hasnt he had 400 carries in both of the previous two seasons? The line isnt there and a rook is at the helm. Yep, sounds like the perfect situation.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk