How to tackle Yahoo AutoPick........ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How to tackle Yahoo AutoPick........

Moderator: Football Moderators

How to tackle Yahoo AutoPick........

Postby fimk3777 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:45 pm

Anyone have any suggestions/guides/tips on dealing with Yahoo AutoPick? Are there any strategies you have used in the past that have helped your draft results? Any methods to the madness that you care to pass along? I'm not an AutoPick fan, but that is the format for the league I am in this year.

Thanks and leave a link..........
fimk3777
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How to tackle Yahoo AutoPick........

Postby boston fan » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:05 pm

I have never done one of these before but it sound like you better pre-rank your players.
boston fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fimk3777 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:59 pm

Well, yes, that's obvious. However, I am looking for more insight. For example, I was thinking about limiting available players based on position type. Not sure if that makes sense........

Anyone else??
fimk3777
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BGbootha » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:49 pm

I have done it once, and it didn't go very well. I ranked RB heavy on the top 50 or so, and ended up with a descent team, it just really made some strange picks and some picks that made sense looking at my ordering but didn't really make sense. in other words....no I don't know how to help..sorry.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:00 pm

Generally what I've done is ranked the very best RBs (top 15 or so). Then I rank my top couple of QBs, throw in Gates, and rank my top5-7 WRs. Then throw in the top kicker or 2 and the top D or two.

Usually everyone else is heavy on the RBs first, then WRs, then QBs, and every one else comes later. By bucking this trend you should still end up with a couple of good to great back and receivers and still have the best shot at landing the top QB, TE, K, and D.

I tried this for the first time last season. Unbelievably I ended up with the No.1 pick. I dont know everyone I had, but I had LT, Manning, Colston (at TE), Ravens D, and Vinatieri. My other players were all solid (I think I had Parker and Wayne (?)) and I won the league fairly easily. (Of course I had to use the WW shrewdly also.)
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:17 pm

I think I would put all the Defenses on your don't draft list along with all the kickers, that will stop it from taking one way too high like it usually does. Otherwise, just rank it how you want it, there's no getting around the fact that it wants to grab starters before backups so you could end up passing on great players.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk