Whats everyones defensive picks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whats everyones defensive picks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Whats everyones defensive picks

Postby ttwarrior1 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:56 pm

Im looking at chicago's schedule and just don't see them getting the lucky d touchdowns last year like against arizona or other teams kicking to hester.

2. Baltimore is overrated in my opinion and lost a couple players and won't get the d td's as well

3. No idea why but im listing SD as the #1 D as of right now
4. I also see pitt bouncing back as their new coach is a d coach from minnesota.
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Whats everyones defensive picks

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:04 am

I also have San Diego ranked as the top defense...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ttwarrior1 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:12 pm

bump
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:40 pm

I still like Baltimore the best. I agree on CHicago, no way Hester gets 6 TD's again. I remember when Dante Hall was taking all kinds of kicks/punts back for the Chiefs a few years back, then he disappeared off the face of the map. Return TD's are a fluky thing, and I don't see Chicago repeating last year's performance. Having said that, I do still think the Bears will be one of the top D's, just not as good as last year.

I like Baltimore's and New England's D's the best, followed by San Diego and then Chicago.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:45 pm

I would go with any of the top 3 but would rather have Chicago (first) then Baltimore, followed by San Diego. Both Dallas & Minnesota are sneaky picks later if you are too late picking one of these defenses up. There is a big enough decline in points from the top 3 defenses so picking the fourth too early is kinda counterintuitive into making a solid fantasy roster.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:25 pm

Well, it's pretty easy to tell who the top Ds are gonna be. Chicago, Baltimore.. People aren't gonna disagree much about that. But the guys that I like who go in the later rounds are Jacksonville and Minnesota. I've always liked the Jags D and thought they've been a bit underrated. Not an amazing schedule but they do get Houston and Titans twice each plus Oakland and Tampa. Not too shabby.

Minnesota I've also felt has been underrated. They had an awesome rush D last year and should have a very stout D this year. An improved offense may actually help them. GBay and Detroit are turnover machines (2x each), they got Oakland and they got Atlanta who are gonna absolutely suck this year (unfortunately :-t ).

If you're looking just at schedules then Carolina probably would be a decent pick too. They play in probably the worst division in football now with Tampa (ewww) and Atlanta (my pick for worst team in the league this year). Plus they get Houston, Tennessee and GBay to top it off.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk