Thoughts on 1st Preseason Game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

Thoughts on 1st Preseason Game

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on 1st Preseason Game

Postby BlueBandit24 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:57 am

I know it's pretty well in the rear view mirror now and you can't put much stock in preseason games, but I had a few things I noticed vs. the Rams.

* T-Jax seemed to have tunnel vision for T-Will. He was throwing to him early, and usually he was the 1st guy he looked to. I don't know if this is a good sign that Jackson and Williamson have built a good rapport, or a bad thing in that Tarvaris isn't comfortable with all his reads yet. Either way it was nice to see Williamson make a few nice catches and avoid the dropsies.

* Marcus McCauley was impressive. He played smart, physical, and aggressive. Made some very nice open field tackles and seemed extremely comfortable within the defensive gameplan. Seems to have a good feel for the game and a good head on his shoulders to boot.

On the flip side, Griffin looked overmatched at times. Granted, he was matched up with Holt a lot which is an impossible task, but I was looking for more out of him.

* Adrian Peterson turned in the most exciting 11 carry, 33 yard game I have ever seen.

* Ray Edwards should help improve the pass rush.

* I wanted to see Sidney Rice a little more involved, but I'm sure we will in coming weeks.

Some bright spots but there is still a lot more work to do.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thoughts on 1st Preseason Game

Postby treat24 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:05 pm

i actually didn't see the game... but thanks for updating me... good to hear stuff from you then the stupid paper's analysis. TJax was looked at more approvingly in the paper, good to see you thought it might have to do more with tunnel vision or not wanting to check down. Part of that may be that the play calling was meant to help build confidence for both those players. From what I heard TWill was the first option on most if not all of them. Tjax being immature and TWill trying to get over the dropsies... i think this may have been intended to get them confidence... but who knows...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Return to Minnesota Vikings