P. Crayton - what gives? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

P. Crayton - what gives?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: P. Crayton - what gives?

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:56 pm

fantasizing wrote:
maddog60 wrote:Crayton may very well be the most talented #3 WR in the NFL. .

I think that honour goes to C. Henry of the Bengals, although Crayton is a close 2nd.

Thank you. ;-D

Considerables behind Chris Henry are:
Bryant Johnson - Arizona
Mike Furrey - Detroit
Drew Bennett - St. Louis
and of cours Crayton.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:46 pm

fantasizing wrote:
maddog60 wrote:Crayton may very well be the most talented #3 WR in the NFL. .

I think that honour goes to C. Henry of the Bengals, although Crayton is a close 2nd.

Being suspended kinda gets in the way of that, hence why I counted him out.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:22 am

With Terry Glenn you have a guy who is 33 years old and coming off of arthroscopic knee surgery (July 3, 2007)... The timetable HE has set for himself to return to the field is August 30th... But who knows if that is reality or wishful thinking... The older you are the longer it takes to recover, and knee surgery is just NOT a good sign for an aging WR...

Add in the fact that Owens is aging, himself, and at any given moment he is 10-seconds away from a season-ending temper tantrum, and you really have to think the No. 3 WR in Dallas is a mighty attractive sleeper pick... I'm not saying you should count on playing Crayton, but when the 13th round comes up and you're looking at grabbing a WR5, you could do a whole lot worse than a guy with that much upside...

If Glenn comes back OK, and Owens seems like he's mentally stable, Crayton is one of the guys you drop for a solid WW addition, but going into September - with Glenn missing all of the pre-season because of knee surgery - I think Crayton is a guy with tremendous upside...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby black_hawk8888 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:49 am

Plindsey88 wrote:With Terry Glenn you have a guy who is 33 years old and coming off of arthroscopic knee surgery (July 3, 2007)... The timetable HE has set for himself to return to the field is August 30th... But who knows if that is reality or wishful thinking... The older you are the longer it takes to recover, and knee surgery is just NOT a good sign for an aging WR...

Add in the fact that Owens is aging, himself, and at any given moment he is 10-seconds away from a season-ending temper tantrum, and you really have to think the No. 3 WR in Dallas is a mighty attractive sleeper pick... I'm not saying you should count on playing Crayton, but when the 13th round comes up and you're looking at grabbing a WR5, you could do a whole lot worse than a guy with that much upside...

If Glenn comes back OK, and Owens seems like he's mentally stable, Crayton is one of the guys you drop for a solid WW addition, but going into September - with Glenn missing all of the pre-season because of knee surgery - I think Crayton is a guy with tremendous upside...

Couldn't have said it better myself. I recently snagged him in the 15th round of a keeper league and your analysis is exactly why I'm excited to have him as my 6th WR (behind Chad Johnson, Colston, Calvin Johnson, L Coles, and Troy Williamson)...
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby moose_ffc » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:11 pm

If I owned TO I would be all over Crayton like white on rice.
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Kaotic Ryit » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:17 pm

quick question.... i like crayton a lot... i have the following WR on my current redraft team:

roy williams
greg jennings
dj hackett
deion branch
jerricho cotchery
devery henderson

obviously williams,jennings,branch, and cotchery are all staying.

but would it be worth it to drop hackett or henderson to pick up crayton and hope something great happens?
Kaotic Ryit
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:00 pm

between Henderson and Crayton its all preference.

Henderson has to compete with Copper and Meachem for the #2 spot...in an offense with lots of skilled weapons and pass catchers (Colston, Meachem, Copper, Eric Johnson, Reggie Bush, even a little McAllister) with Brees tossing the rock, who is skilled.

Crayton will be the WR#3 in Dallas that is known, but he has pretty good chances to be wr #2 in Dallas at one or two points during the season if the cards fall right. Which mean he would still be the 3rd receiver behind Witten (One of Romo's favorites, if not his favorite outright).

Basically, smartest thing to do would be hold onto Henderson until more is known about his situation than snag Crayton if you don't like what you hear coming out of New Orleans.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:50 pm

aaawall91 wrote:between Henderson and Crayton its all preference.

Henderson has to compete with Copper and Meachem for the #2 spot...in an offense with lots of skilled weapons and pass catchers (Colston, Meachem, Copper, Eric Johnson, Reggie Bush, even a little McAllister) with Brees tossing the rock, who is skilled.

Crayton will be the WR#3 in Dallas that is known, but he has pretty good chances to be wr #2 in Dallas at one or two points during the season if the cards fall right. Which mean he would still be the 3rd receiver behind Witten (One of Romo's favorites, if not his favorite outright).

Basically, smartest thing to do would be hold onto Henderson until more is known about his situation than snag Crayton if you don't like what you hear coming out of New Orleans.

Yeah, don't drop hackett. So what if everyone loves him, he still could be a no.1 WR by year's end. Hasselbeck definitely prefers him over the other guys and that counts for something.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:56 am

Kaotic Ryit wrote:quick question.... i like crayton a lot... i have the following WR on my current redraft team:

roy williams
greg jennings
dj hackett
deion branch
jerricho cotchery
devery henderson

obviously williams,jennings,branch, and cotchery are all staying.

but would it be worth it to drop hackett or henderson to pick up crayton and hope something great happens?

I would hold onto Hackett and Henderson... They will both be starters... With Crayton there is a lot of upside - perhaps the most upside of any WR who isn't a starter - but never trade a guy who lines up on every down for a guy who is currently riding the pine...

If you have watched any of New Orleans' preseason games you have to like what you have seen out of Henderson, and Meachem is looking like a Grade A bust...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ctt8410 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:01 pm

fimk3777 wrote:Help me out -

I have seen this guy on several sleeper lists. But he's just a #3 on a team behind two good WR's in TO and Glenn. Unless someone above him gets hurt, how much value can this guy have? What am I missing? Will he take over as the #2?

Thanks and leave a link.....

Make sense now?
ctt8410
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk