P. Crayton - what gives? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

P. Crayton - what gives?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: P. Crayton - what gives?

Postby FatFoot » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:02 pm

I managed to pick him up this morning in both of my 2 main leagues, thanks to all of this Cafe discussion. I have real #1s and #2s, but my #3s in both leagues are pretty questionable. This is just the kind of depth I was hoping for.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RJ24VC15 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:46 pm

This is why everyone had him as a sleeper. Too old receivers ahead of him and he is already getting to start.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby Max Power » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:50 pm

having crayton really excites me because I think Romo will only improve from last season. And he was darn good last year.
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourty percent of people know that.
Max Power
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:06 am

Max Power wrote:having crayton really excites me because I think Romo will only improve from last season. And he was darn good last year.

Last round draft pick here to mini-insure Owens ;-D
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby KarmicRetribution » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:55 pm

Kaotic Ryit wrote:quick question.... i like crayton a lot... i have the following WR on my current redraft team:

roy williams
greg jennings
dj hackett
deion branch
jerricho cotchery
devery henderson

obviously williams,jennings,branch, and cotchery are all staying.

but would it be worth it to drop hackett or henderson to pick up crayton and hope something great happens?

Obviously Jennings? Am I missing something here. When has a GB #2 receiver been a must-have in this century? OK, one year, 2004, with Walker and Driver. Generally GB ends up with about 2200 receiving yards in their top receivers, and any year where there's a viable #3 WR, the #2 WR takes it on the chin - 1200/600/400 is a fairly typical distribution. And Brett isn't getting more productive as time goes by...

Now I'm not saying drop Jennings and pick up Crayton, but he certainly should be in the conversation.
KarmicRetribution
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Popcynical » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:40 pm

I think Green Bay's top WRs will end up with way over 2200 combined yards this year. We've got two active TEs on the roster in Franks and Lee, and I can't see them combining for more than 800 yards this year. I don't expect Brandon Jackson to be as active in the passing game as Ahman Green once was, so that leaves more yards to the receivers as well.

Maybe I'm seeing through Green and Gold glasses on this subject, but I think you're undervaluing the impact a strong third receiver can make on the passing game. How many yards do you predict Brett will throw this year? If it's under 3800, you might be underestimating number 4.

Back on topic, I'd drop Henderson for Crayton, easily.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby KarmicRetribution » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:30 pm

Popcynical wrote:I think Green Bay's top WRs will end up with way over 2200 combined yards this year. We've got two active TEs on the roster in Franks and Lee, and I can't see them combining for more than 800 yards this year. I don't expect Brandon Jackson to be as active in the passing game as Ahman Green once was, so that leaves more yards to the receivers as well.

Maybe I'm seeing through Green and Gold glasses on this subject, but I think you're undervaluing the impact a strong third receiver can make on the passing game. How many yards do you predict Brett will throw this year? If it's under 3800, you might be underestimating number 4.

Back on topic, I'd drop Henderson for Crayton, easily.

Look at the the last two years with Favre hitting 3800+ each year. Driver had 1250yds +/-, and the next two WRs combined had 920 and 990 yards. The rest of the yards were taken up by TEs (700-800 yds, spread over 3-4 TEs) and RBs. While Ahman did have 373 yds receiving last year, the year previous, when he was injured, those recieving yards went to Tony Fisher.

In the absence of a new offensive doctrine, there's little support to think that this year will be different.
KarmicRetribution
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby hoop » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:07 am

Haven't heard anything new on him from Cafe guys so I'll bump this thread up. I dropped Crayton to grab Cooley off the WW (I have V.Davis vs Pit).

Having a broken finger can't be fun and I think it'll hurt his performance, but it took me a long time to come to the conclusion to drop him. Still think he'll have decent performances this season.
hoop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:20 am

All the reports here in Dallas said that the finger didnt bother him at all in practice and he caught the ball fine...Crayton is a soldier, he dislocated during the game and it looked horrid, he went to the locker room got it put back into place, taped up, and proceeded to return punts and almost ran one back the next chance he got...I still love his value this yr, Im high on him because Owens will get lots of double coverage, so even if crayton doesnt score every game, i think he is capable of 80 yd games every week, with a chance to score every other week or so...owens and barber cant score all the time
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby FatFoot » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:50 am

TO has the most drops in the league, right?

Not to knock him, as he's a real beast, but with TO dropping a lot and the ever looming threat of an injury to an aging receiver, along with the fact that Glenn is chewed up and not playing for the foreseeable future, Crayton is in a unique spot as the only #3 WR I know of who both has talent, and is one injury away from being a #1 guy on a team that loves to throw. That earns him bench priority.

It's funny to think that the Cowboys are one TO problem away from having their vaunted passing game POOF into thin air. :)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk